Price gouging from reselling house hold items

I recently purchased what I thought was 2 x 12 1.25lt bottles of dry ginger ale for $24.10, good price I thought. When it arrived, I received a box with 2 bottles in it. I assumed there was an issue with my order and a mistake has accord. When I checked, REMOVED has a listing for Kirks 1.25 Dry Ginger Ale for $12.10 for a single bottle. This retails for less then $1.50. Also in their listing they have a FREE returns policy but when I contacted the sell, they refused to cover the return costs for my 2 bottles of soft drink that I've paid $24.10 for.

Is ebay monitoring these sellers and is IGA really doing this to their customers?

Returns Policy of their listing.

FREE returns within 30 days of purchase. Please contact us should you have received the incorrect item or it has arrived damaged for assistance.

Message 1 of 21
Latest reply
20 REPLIES 20

Can someone point out to me where it says IGA?

I think they just made the logo to look like IGA.

Very expensive groceries.

I buy my groceries online and these prices are beyond ridiculous.

Message 11 of 21
Latest reply

I wondered who was behind My Grocery when I first saw it.  At one time a specific dry catfood flavour was unavailable at Coles and Woolies - and it was my cat's favourite.  I contacted the manufacturers and they admitted there were difficulties in production and did not expect to have any available for about 6 weeks.

I noticed it on eBay at My Grocery but the cost was huge - definitely a big markup per bag PLUS the postage.  I decided my cat could do without it!  Eventually I did a search on the internet with Google and found two bags plus postage more expensive than from the regular supermarkets but also much cheaper than My Grocery on catch.  The shortage dragged on and I ended up buying two more bags from the same site. 

If I see something I really want on eBay these days I ALWAYS check elsewhere before buying.

Message 12 of 21
Latest reply

@imastawka wrote:

I think they just made the logo to look like IGA.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I think so too. It is the red oval that reminds people of IGA, but I don't think it is IGA either.

Message 13 of 21
Latest reply

I cannot find IGA - anywhere either.

Message 14 of 21
Latest reply

Skullduggery is afoot.

'Buyer beware' comes to mind

Message 15 of 21
Latest reply

Yes, they think people will trust them more if they believe they are IGA...

Message 16 of 21
Latest reply

Under My Grocery (in the blurb) it says - IGA Supermarket

Message 17 of 21
Latest reply

There you go - Sherlock. lol

It so does.

Screenshot_20220812-130403_Chrome.jpg

Message 18 of 21
Latest reply