Private feedback should not be allowed as it seems to protect scam artists from honest ebayers

Message 1 of 8
Latest reply
7 REPLIES 7

Re: Private feedback should not be allowed as it seems to protect scam artists from honest ebayers

lyndal1838
Honored Contributor

Could you please explain how Private feedback protects scam aritists?  Or are you saying that Private feedback ebayers are scammers?

Message 2 of 8
Latest reply

Re: Private feedback should not be allowed as it seems to protect scam artists from honest ebayers

*changes feedback on this totally irrelevant account that I primarily use for posting purposes to private*

*gets the popcorn out*

how to start an argument on line.jpg

Some people can go their whole lives and never really live for a single minute.
Message 3 of 8
Latest reply

This is a private listing and your identity will not be disclosed to anyone except the seller.

I always worry about sellers who have private listings for furniture,lights & heaters.JMO

Message 4 of 8
Latest reply

I think I need a private account so my DH cant see how much I actually spend.........covert_shopper sounds like a good ID lol

Privates  dont bother me at all. I know what I am buying and what I should be paying for it and I always use paypal.  

Message 5 of 8
Latest reply

Sellers aren't allowed to sell if they have private feedback.

What is the harm in buyers having private feedback?

Message 6 of 8
Latest reply

Private feedback doesn't bother me, at least in the sense that I often trade with people where I can't check any information like FB can provide... But therein lies the point, a feedback profile contains information, and when people hide information, some people start wondering why. 

Just to throw a different perspective out there, every now and then, something prompts me to check a buyer's FB left for others - it can be much more telling than FB received (a serial neg leaver becomes plain to see, or maybe there's a lot of positives with "thanks for the refund" kind of comments). Sellers will often follow up on FB they've left for a buyer (eg chargeback initiated 3 weeks after payment, refunded on x date due to not received), and this can also highlight certain patterns. I'm not in any way suggesting a member with private FB has things like that to hide, as I'm well aware of many different reasons someone might have for keeping FB private. What somebody buys is none of my business etc....but at the same time, as long as eBay facilitates a reflection of someone's trading reputation, there will be people who believe that their trading partner's reputation (which they contribute to by what FB they leave, even if it's none) is their business. 

Message 7 of 8
Latest reply

I agree feedback should be open to all !!!!! SCAM operaters that use more than one account to push up there prices will be CAUGHT OUT.

Message 8 of 8
Latest reply