Product in Australia but sellers are overseas

I purposely search for Australia Only, I like to buy Australia and like my purchase quickly. Why is it possible then for the product to be located in Sydney (for example) and then be sent from Hong Kong by an overseas seller.? This seems deceitful to me..

Thoughts and answers welcome.

Message 1 of 67
Latest reply
66 REPLIES 66

Your personal philosophy, whether it breaches eBay's rules or not, is up to you.

Advising others tends to be better received when you acknowledge that the personal philosopy you are espousing, especially when it breaches eBay's rules, is personal and at odds with said rules.

Admittedly I don't know which James we are talking to, except that James' only connection seems to be in the ID, but you have been around long enough to know that most people don't share your cavalier attitude.

Message 21 of 67
Latest reply

Hi dave,  what advice?

Since i just said I'm not very familiar with Ebay rules I can hardly offer anyone any advice - and none of us who work here ever do.

The only advice I did offer OP is to get EMS service from China as it's fast and always reliable.

The rest  are my opinions about everything and anything - and certainly of no consequence to me weather majority of posters  think the same or not. They are all free to think anything they like and have a right to say it - just like I do.

Like any other other forum, which is what I think this is - it's suppose to show a vast diversity of opinions - as we are all different individuals.

And dave, I have not felt that I have to be "one of the pack" since I was 5. 

Message 22 of 67
Latest reply

You ALWAYS offer advice. Or your version of same.

Unless you only come onto the boards to provide anecdotes, instead of the advice the various OPs are seeking. And thus are advertising, which is btw in breach of the rules you agreed to but haven't read.

Either way, anything you contribute to the fora is meaningless, by your own admission.

Message 23 of 67
Latest reply

@phorum_junkie* wrote:

I have no problem with buying most things from HK or China and if it is something I would prefer to buy from a domestic source I can usually tell from the feedback if the items are coming from further afield. Time certainly doesn't come into it as I often receive parcels from HK & China quicker than from two states away courtesy of Aus Post.

I wish I could say the same about time not coming into it.  I have bought from China and have received some very nice 

items but some of them have taken up to 6 weeks.   Whereas I have never had to wait longer than one week for items bought in 

Australia.  Which is why I generally prefer to look for items in Australia, and would be really possed off to find they are not sourced in Australia and feel that I had been totally misled.  .   

Message 24 of 67
Latest reply

Agree with you totally dave - it's funny how I thought exactly the same about most of the content  here- very few exceptions, but just about all of if is totally irrelevant to anyone, including the OP's!

But advertising!!!!!!!!!!! Who, moi?

You want me to die laughing!???

No, just was never inspired enough to get a different id name for posting - another words, could't be bothered.

But - on the serious side - are you telling me I am not allowed to state my opinions on the boards - that I'm in breach of some rule but everone else who comes here has every right to do so?

And the minute I start agreeing with everyone else, like we are all clones of each other that rule is null and void?

Message 25 of 67
Latest reply

Yes JHOS thats how I read those posts - its a board cleansing attempt to deter others to post opinions different than a few.

And for the record I think your posts are carp - and you may think that bout my posts too - but thats JMO and IMO we are both entitled to post to the board without being "moderated" by other members, particularly low feedback ids that get all self righteous about content of others posts, but rarely if ever apply those same rules to one of their "group" - in a public fashion anyway.

Message 26 of 67
Latest reply

I just sent off a big rant to a seller for this very reason. The item was listed in Melb Australia, but I find out now it's coming from Hong Kong. I dont have a problem with buying from HK or anywhere else, as long as I know the delivery may take more than a month. I really think this should be addressed by Ebay, it is deceitful, I chose to buy from this seller because I needed the item quickly and that wont be the case. Is there anywhere one can make a formal complaint about this to ebay?
Message 27 of 67
Latest reply

@ozjenva wrote:
I just sent off a big rant to a seller for this very reason. The item was listed in Melb Australia, but I find out now it's coming from Hong Kong. I dont have a problem with buying from HK or anywhere else, as long as I know the delivery may take more than a month. I really think this should be addressed by Ebay, it is deceitful, I chose to buy from this seller because I needed the item quickly and that wont be the case. Is there anywhere one can make a formal complaint about this to ebay?

Item location misrepresentation policy

Some people can go their whole lives and never really live for a single minute.
Message 28 of 67
Latest reply

The difference is, cats, that your posts generally have relevance to the topic and are not just stream of vino stuff. Your opinions are at least considered and normally don't encourage an OP to leave themselves open to possible prosecution. Or loss of money and credibility.

I may not agree with most of them, but I haven't seen you bagging buyers for complaining about pulled threads on BNWT items and asking 'what do expect for what you paid'.

If I was in the market for clothing online, I suspect I would buy from you before many others. Simply because I know what to expect. And know that you understand the issues a buyer might face.

Message 29 of 67
Latest reply

Oh, dave - put a sock in it already!

Unlessyou 're fixin' to  cause us some serious injury from laughing so much! By proxy, so to speak.

Message 30 of 67
Latest reply