Question About Possible Scam Seller

Message 1 of 19
Latest reply
18 REPLIES 18

Re: Question About Possible Scam Seller

Hi again guys, I'm a bit upset with the current situation in regards to a purchase that I got scammed on.

It has been 2 months since my purchase from this scammer and there is no mention of this purchase now in my Purchase History page, it's disappeared. The only way I could get to this item was through my messages when I asked the scam seller to pass on the correct tracking number (which they didn't). So I can see my Purchase Order but there is no way to claim back my money, there's no Item Not Received option even when I click on Show Additional Actions.

So I logged in to Paypal to do it through there and there is only a link that goes back to Ebay US site that goes to my Purchase Page which is exactly the same to my Ebay Australian Purchase Page. There is no purchase listing there for it. I'm just going around in a never ending circle!

I tried to do a Item Not Received a couple of weeks ago but received a message that I couldn't and had to wait for the 2 month delivery time, or a similar message. I can't believe this as I've done nothing wrong, I've done what I've supposed to do and I've now been left high and dry with no item and out of pocket over $350. This is disgraceful by all involved!

How do I now claim Item Not Received from a scam seller and get my money back???

Message 11 of 19
Latest reply

Just to confirm, have you changed the time period in the drop down menu in your purchase history?

Message 12 of 19
Latest reply

Sorry this is happening to you!

One option is if you paid with a credit card through Paypal, then contact your CC provider.

Personally, I have my CC linked for payment via Paypal, in case anything goes south, then I have options in terms of raising a dispute.

You could contact Paypal directly - I had a look on their Contact page and it seems you can phone them. Might be worth a try?

You could also contact Ebay customer service on chat, although it can be a hit and miss with them.

Message 13 of 19
Latest reply

ok thanks sandypebbles, yes I can see it now but I do not have an option Item Not Received under the More Actions button. There was a way I found through the Resolution Center for my purchases, can't remember how I got there now but apparently I still have to wait until the 28th of July to do anything. From what I remembered when I tried to claim before the EDD Estimated Delivery  Date there was only one option and that was to contact the seller for a replacement item. There's no way I'm going down that road and go through all this again for over 2 months. I just want this over and done with.

I'll need to come back to this in 5 days time. Hopefully I'll then have an option to get a refund. Cheers.

Message 14 of 19
Latest reply

The tracking number you supplied above, means the item is coming from China. The CN on the end is a dead giveaway. In future, check where the seller is registered, by checking their feedback page. If it says the seller is in an Asian country, you can be pretty assured, that's where it's being sent from.

At this point, all you can do is wait until the estimate date has arrived, and try then to open a item not received dispute via ebay. If you can't, then your other option is to open a dispute through PayPal. Be aware though, sellers only have to provide a tracking number to win a PayPal case. It doesn't have to say they item is delivered, just that it has been lodged.

If you paid using a credit card through PayPal, then you may be able to do a chargeback from your bank. Use that as a last resort though.

In future, remember the golden rule. If it sounds too good to be true, then it probably is.

Message 15 of 19
Latest reply

the estimated delivery date has now expired and I tried to open up the resolution center page from PayPal and the ebay US site which is where it's sending me from the paypal link is not allowing me to log in to Ebay US to the Resolution Page.

There is no option on my purchase page now for the item for "Item Not Received" as it's been too long I guess.

I need help...

The only thing I can do now is to through the automated ebay chat and try that way or phone paypal which I have no idea how long that would take to speak to an actual person.

Message 16 of 19
Latest reply

I've managed to get to the Resolution Center on the AU ebay site but it doesn't look like I can do anything apart from Contact seller and ask for a refund which I've done. What a joke!
Going around in circles again with nobody wanting to know about seller problems.

I have "Reported an Item I Didn't Receive", clicked on the item and this is what I get. What am I doing wrong? The estimated delivery times has passed.Untitled.png

Message 17 of 19
Latest reply

If the ETA was July 28th, the 'system' may not allow allow a dispute to be opened the same/next day

All I can suggest is to keep trying 

It is suppose to give 30 days after the ETA to open a dispute

Plus also, if you try today, keep in mind Friday is eBay fiddle day and there are always a lot of Gremlins so that may have caused an issue in any case

Message 18 of 19
Latest reply

I do hope you haven't opened a Paypal dispute, because if you have then you can't open an eBay dispute and if you try to open both of them they will both be closed in favour of the seller.

"Start me up I'll never stop......"
Message 19 of 19
Latest reply