Received item not as described

grumshubby
Community Member

Today I received a package that I purchased on Ebay and paid via Paypal  from China. The package was 30 tubes of a cream called YINGANERJING that is used to treat  a skin condition called Psoriasis.

The sellers photos of the tubes showed the genuine cream made by a company in China called Jiangxi Yangzheng Biology and Technology Co Ltd.that  I have previously bought this exact same cream made by this company from another seller who is no longer able to supply it in his country.

So I have examples here of the genuine cream made by this company . This is also the same cream shown in the photos on ebay from the seller who I bought the 30 tubes from.

However, I  have been supplied 30 tubes of what is considered a fake form of this cream. The production of this fake cream is widely known in social media websites  by users of the genuine product and advice is given as to how to tell the fake cream from the genuine  cream.So I  am in a position to know how to tell the fake cream from the genuine  cream.

The fake cream I have received  does not have the genuine manufacturers seal on the box. The box is different to the genuine product. The tube is different to the genuine product. The method of opening the sealed end of the tube is different to the genuine product and the product itself is a light and thin ointment like cream smelling and looking very much like Vicks Vaporub. The genuine cream is a dark orange, is thicker in consistency and smells of Menthol.

I believe this seller is advertising to deceive and is supply a product that is not as advertised.

Can anyone advise me what to do pleae?

Message 1 of 9
Latest reply
8 REPLIES 8

Re: Received item not as described

They are the consequences you get for buying from China.

China's number of scammers, fake merchandise is growing as more and more Chinese are discovering websites then telling their relatives.

A PayPal claim would require written proof from the genuine company that your items are counterfeit.

And it sounds like that is not possible.

Chalk it up to lesson learnt.

You could of course leave negative feedback and hope the seller begs for mercy.

They may just refund you.

image host
Message 2 of 9
Latest reply

IF the packaging and tubes you received are SIGNIFICANTLY different to those advertised, you could try a claim through eBay. If successful, the seller would be required to pay for return postage.

Message 3 of 9
Latest reply

kopenhagen - seriously?

Sellers beg for mercy? After they get a neg? 

Leaving a neg these days is a joke - it doesn't have a power of a machine gun! No one begs anyone for any mercy - ridiculous statement!

In fact, it just may produce the oposite effect - no refund, no assistance, nothing.

And you know as well as I do that the buyers claim of "knowing the fake from the real thing" is not going to help them one bit unless they obtain in writing a document to say it's fake - from the original maker

Message 4 of 9
Latest reply

The item I received is significantly different to that in the pictures. There are quite a few differences and thus I believe it is deceptive advertising and supply of goods not as per advertised. If their pictures had shown that they were going to supply what I actually did receive I would not chosen to purchase the product.

Message 5 of 9
Latest reply

grums - Try an eBay INAD case but don't mention fake or any details just Not as Described.

Fix - The Chinese take negs seriously and will often hound a buyer to change a neg, giving the buyer an upper hand.

image host
Message 6 of 9
Latest reply

Fixnwear yes often the bulk volume foreign sellers do beg. And grovel. And make crazy promises. All to avoid or reverse feedback left.

I bought a replica vintage motorcycle number plate that was terrible quality. Was around $20 total inc postage. Arrived with marks and runs in the paint (wrapped in plastic while not cured) and had a hole where it was hung to paint (not pictured in listing). I sent 4 messages to the seller over a 2 week period with no response followed by an email also no response. Final message declaring my intention to go to eBay. Nothing. So I left a factual negative feedback and it was something like 4 hours and I had a very long message about how the consultant would lose their job if it wasn't reversed blah blah. They offered to send another and I said I'd revise once that arrived. I received messages every 1-2 days (yes that's right) asking me to revise. 2 weeks of this and the replacement still wasn't there I get a PayPal notification that I've been refunded by the seller followed by their message saying they've sent a replacement plus a refund and please please please revise the feedback urgently and immediately and to keep the original and replacement (which arrived a week and a half later) with their compliments.

I didn't ask for or prompt for any of that. And when the replacement arrived it was flawless and I even offered to pay again to which they refused.

So yes. They do go out of their way to avoid negs.
Message 7 of 9
Latest reply

I'd be trying a not as decribed case.

from everything you've said, I believe you that this is a fake but I understand what the others are saying & that if you just claim that, it might not fly with ebay without written verification.

So you're going to have to be creative. If the tubes do not look like the ones in the ad, cite that, take photos, state that you have been supplied a different product.  Are any of the tubes bent at all or not perfectly sealed? Can you reasonably claim any damage? That would get you a refund too.

Message 8 of 9
Latest reply

Yes, I was duped also. Same as you.
Message 9 of 9
Latest reply