Refund of return postage

I received an item different to what was listed, and which cannot be used in Australia.   The item has been returned to the seller at my expense, but they are refusing to refund me the cost of return postage for their mistake. How do I get in touch with eBay to sort this out, as there doesn't seem to be a way to do this...

Message 1 of 7
Latest reply
2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Accepted Solutions

Refund of return postage

Bugger, I was wondering that. Might just have to suck it up and leave a bad review lol. Thanks for the info.

View solution in original post

Message 3 of 7
Latest reply

Refund of return postage

Unfortunately, in this instance, you just have to suck it up. You bought from a Chinese seller with absolutely horrid feedback. You have zero chance of getting the return postage refunded. In future, open a dispute, don't just return an item. Given your seller was Chinese, highly unlikely they would pay for return postage, so they'd have no choice but to refund. As you didn't open a dispute, there is nothing you can do.

Probably a good thing you sent it back, it could easily have burnt your shed down. Don't buy carp like this from Chinese sellers. They are cheap knock offs and extremely dangerous. 

View solution in original post

Message 4 of 7
Latest reply
6 REPLIES 6

Refund of return postage

You have probably missed your opportunity.

In order to force a seller to refund postage for a return, you need to have opened a case on eBay.

At which point, the seller will be required to provide you with return postage.

As you seem not to have opened a case, you have little recourse.

Message 2 of 7
Latest reply

Refund of return postage

Bugger, I was wondering that. Might just have to suck it up and leave a bad review lol. Thanks for the info.

Message 3 of 7
Latest reply

Refund of return postage

Unfortunately, in this instance, you just have to suck it up. You bought from a Chinese seller with absolutely horrid feedback. You have zero chance of getting the return postage refunded. In future, open a dispute, don't just return an item. Given your seller was Chinese, highly unlikely they would pay for return postage, so they'd have no choice but to refund. As you didn't open a dispute, there is nothing you can do.

Probably a good thing you sent it back, it could easily have burnt your shed down. Don't buy carp like this from Chinese sellers. They are cheap knock offs and extremely dangerous. 

Message 4 of 7
Latest reply

Refund of return postage

What a strange combination.

240V hammer drill, but has a US Plug  and a AU adapter.

Message 5 of 7
Latest reply

Refund of return postage

I can really only reiterate the point already made: buy Australian for some things in particular.

Message 6 of 7
Latest reply

Refund of return postage

@gutterpunkz05 wrote:

240V hammer drill, but has a US Plug  and a AU adapter.

That might make it a 1600+ watt hammer drill - before the motor melted................

I agree with the others, DON'T buy shoddy electrical items on-line.

"Start me up I'll never stop......"
Message 7 of 7
Latest reply