Refunds

angj-12
Community Member

Hello, I purchased goods (lights) , when installed by an electrician, the lights were faulty. I contacted the seller, they told me to return the goods for a full refund. I returned the goods via AUSPOST with tracking number. I emailed the seller with the tracking number. According to the tracking number, the goods have been delivered. However no response email or refund. What do I do now? Thanks, Angelo

Message 1 of 5
Latest reply
4 REPLIES 4

Refunds

It's too late to do anything through eBay's MBG, if you paid with Paypal you may have recourse through their Resolution Centre or if you paid with a credit card you might be able to do a chargeback.

Note, DO NOT open a Paypal dispute and a chargeback at the same time.

"Start me up I'll never stop......"
Message 2 of 5
Latest reply

Refunds

You needed to have followed the proper eBay procedure for faulty goods

Better yet don't buy electricals from sellers in China (as the seller you name is)

You were very lucky that the electrician discovered they were faulty before they did real damage (ie fire or worse)

The seller obviously has no intention of refunding 

Please read the buying basics

And especially

do not buy electrical from sellers in China

Next time, something horrible could happen

Message 3 of 5
Latest reply

Refunds

Did you open a return case through eBay? I hope the seller paid for the postage label, as they are required to for not as described/faulty returns. See info in eBay help pages https://www.ebay.com.au/help/buying/returns-items-not-received-refunds-buyers/return-item-refund?id=...

Message 4 of 5
Latest reply

Refunds

@angj-12 wrote:

Hello, I purchased goods (lights) , when installed by an electrician, the lights were faulty. I contacted the seller, they told me to return the goods for a full refund. I returned the goods via AUSPOST with tracking number. I emailed the seller with the tracking number. According to the tracking number, the goods have been delivered. However no response email or refund. What do I do now? Thanks, Angelo

Unfortunately, it has got to the stage where you are better off dealing directly with ebay if you have a problem like this, not trying to sort it out privately with a seller. You were after a refund for faulty goods and in that case, you shouldn't have to pay return postage.

Best thing would have been to open an ebay claim immediately. That way, the seller is obliged to respond in some way. Never close a case on the seller's say so, either. Wait till it is resolved.

You may still be able to put in a claim with paypal, if you paid that way. Same deal. 

Message 5 of 5
Latest reply