Reporting seller for location misrepresentation & seller protection for parcels left on doortep

Bought an item supposedly located in Melbourne; I deliberately went through the whole list choosing one from the city I live in.  That was more than week ago, and the supposedly AP tracking still does not work.  When I tried to contact the seller there is heap of info, all in German and it talks about how long it will take to deliver from HK.  So i decided to report for " location misrepresentation ".  But the only option is Price gouging in the 1st field, and  Price gouging in the second field, and then there are 5 options in the last drop own menu:

General household Items

Hygiene items

Medical supplies

Sanitation items

Others

Honestly,  this is just giving the scammers free hand.  I also bought a new $50 bed for my dog, supposedly coming from the US; it came from China.  Instead of thickly padded good quality bed it was thin and cheap and nasty, the bottom part is hardly 1" thick, and my dog would not use it.  The cats sometimes sit in it, when the dog takes their bed.   PP said I have to send it back, but the return address they gave me was in the USA and the cost would have been $70 to post. 

IMG_0620.JPG

As far as I am concerned there is no longer buyer protection.  Wonder if we still have seller protection?  I just posted my last $600 item; I am not going to sell anymore.  Normally, I used to always buy insurance for the whole value, but if AP leaves it on doorstep, takes photo, and it gets taken, I doubt the insurance will pay out.  Where will that leave me?  Will seller protection protect me?

Message 1 of 20
Latest reply
19 REPLIES 19

Reporting seller for location misrepresentation & seller protection for parcels left on doortep

@*kazumi* wrote:

@lyndal1838 wrote:

At present AP will only safe drop ALL parcels unless they have signature and insurance.

In that case they ring the doorbel and hand the parcel to the householder and sign the scanner on their behalf.

At no stage do they allow the receiver to touch the scanner.

What do they do if it requires signature and nobody is at home?

Here they just leave everything on my doorstep and take a photo, which is fine as our street is very quiet and I am here now 24/7; they do not even ring the doorbell.  But  my house is built close to the street; anybody walking past can see it and it would be easy to pick up.  What then?  They di not get it, the AP has picture showing it delivered.  Will eBay support he seller wih the protection?

If my parcel requires a signature, I have been getting a text from AP giving me 2 options:

- someone will be at the house for delivery or

- take my parcel to the PO (or words to that effect)

If there's no signature required, they have just been leaving it on the verandah

The text may be because I am signed up to MyPost

Message 11 of 20
Latest reply

@*kazumi* wrote:

...So i decided to report for " location misrepresentation ".  But the only option is Price gouging in the 1st field, and  Price gouging in the second field, and then there are 5 options in the last drop own menu:

General household Items

Hygiene items

Medical supplies

Sanitation items

Others

I tried to report an item the other day and encountered exactly same thing - 'Price gouging' was the only category of reason I could make a report under.  I assumed it was a bug and didn't end up reporting.

If you try reporting again today, is it sill the same?

NEVERMIND ON TROUBLES!!! LET'S DO HOBBY!!!
Message 12 of 20
Latest reply

Don't click on the arrow to the right- you have to click on the actual first reason in window left hand side, and then there will appear another dropdown of reasons for report. This is the same for all the listed options.  Just another eBay bug, I suppose.  But please don't hold your breath, as there will not be any return advice from eBay as they are "protecting their client's privacy".  Misrepresentation is misrepresentation, and they should be suspeneded and named and shamed.  There are so many item location misrepresentations now, the majority of these disreputable sellers are just that - a majority which eBay are taking the financial benefits from - and to hell with the buyers.  I have persisted with this from eBay up till now - the frustration and acceptance by eBay of this practice as being the norm has made me decide to use eBay as a price comparison platform only.  See whats available. Compare prices. Then Google genuine Australian companies websites and order direct from a genuine local.  You will be amazed at the positive and personal reponse you will get..........

Message 13 of 20
Latest reply

@tazzieterror wrote:

If you try reporting again today, is it sill the same?

Yes, still the same.  Never mind, I just opened a case.

It supposed to be delivered by the 27th, normally, at present time, I would not be opening case for "item not received", but in this case I opened it today.  If it does not arrive in another week+ or so, I will be also leaving neg.  Unless eBay clean up, they will be losing buyers.  I liked using it for safety, but there does not seem to be any protection for buyers or small sellers. 

Message 14 of 20
Latest reply

@boozlefoot wrote:

Don't click on the arrow to the right- you have to click on the actual first reason in window left hand side, and then there will appear another dropdown of reasons for report.

Nope,price gouging is all I get  😞

Message 15 of 20
Latest reply

I could only get price gouging on that listing too.

Message 16 of 20
Latest reply

Me too

Message 17 of 20
Latest reply

And I also, as well.

NEVERMIND ON TROUBLES!!! LET'S DO HOBBY!!!
Message 18 of 20
Latest reply

I had the same but appears it might be fixed now.

image host
Message 19 of 20
Latest reply

I cannot be bothered to be reporting them now; it was supposedly sent 21stApril, so i will give it another week +, and then see what to do. 

Message 20 of 20
Latest reply