Return this Item. Huh???

Went to leave some feedback and I noticed in the list of items I'd bought recently they all said "Leave feedback' instead of one where the heading in bold was 'Return this item'.  What the?  Is this a warning from eBay that the item might be (or even is) dodgy and they are anticipating problems?

The item was cheap (and by cheap I mean it only cost a few dollars), the seller was 100% rated, and frankly, at that price I think I could stand the pain and chalk it up to experience if it turns out to be no good. Smiley Wink

If eBay is that concerned about a product....how about some kind of warning before purchasing.  There was nothing in the listing or seller's details to cause any alarm.  If eBay has 'inside info' about some items or sellers that ordinary buyers can't see it would be nice to know.

Message 1 of 9
Latest reply
8 REPLIES 8

Re: Return this Item. Huh???

Don't worry - it is nothing to do with a particular seller.    It is a new ebay feature that is supposed to enchance your buying experience.

Message 2 of 9
Latest reply

@curraone wrote:

Don't worry - it is nothing to do with a particular seller.    It is a new ebay feature that is supposed to enchance your buying experience.

Yep, just there to scare the living daylights out of the seller.

Go for Gold eBay.

Message 3 of 9
Latest reply

It's the new satisfy the buyer at any cost policy
Message 4 of 9
Latest reply

Also becoming known as the 'screw the seller at any cost' policy.
Message 5 of 9
Latest reply

You are right on the money there CQ
Message 6 of 9
Latest reply

@curraone wrote:

LOL and the OP is no noob to eBay either. Well done eBay, way to increase buyer confidence... not.

FAIL !!

Message 7 of 9
Latest reply

@cmcoins2000 wrote:

@curraone wrote:

Yep, just there to scare the living daylights out of the seller.

Go for Gold eBay.

eBay is an equal opportunity 'enhancer' it seems.  It likes to scare the living daylights out of buyers too.

Message 8 of 9
Latest reply

Nope Ebay has no buyers all these tactics are in fact to lure more buyers into Ebay's market place,with out buyers there are no sales,with no sales there is no commissions for Ebay.Hence why they charge now on postal services costs they don't even do anything for,but overall looks good on their profit balance sheet.On the other hand plenty of desperate sellers so they screw them at the benefit  of the odd buyer or two.

Message 9 of 9
Latest reply