Rouge seller

whufc16
Community Member

How can I reopen a case or contact Ebay? I bought a guard the wrong size was sent. Ebay forced a refund but the seller asked me to keep the wrong one and that they would send the right one so I closed the case. now 2 months later it has not arrived.

Message 1 of 13
Latest reply
12 REPLIES 12

Rouge seller

The general advice is not to accept replacements in such situations because they rarely arrive and are just a trick to have cases closed (or not opened at all). (You can only contact eBay using live chat from the help page, but normally once a case is closed it's closed.)

If you used PayPal to pay and the purchase was less than 180 days ago, you can still open a case in PayPal.

Message 2 of 13
Latest reply

Rouge seller

You cannot open a case once you have closed it

And by now it would be too late in any case 

In future, check the seller feedback before you buy (let me hazard a guess, this seller is registered in China and they have horrible feedback) ?

By closing the case, eBay assumes you are happy with the outcome and all is well

Message 3 of 13
Latest reply

Rouge seller

Yes, Sandy. Most certainly registered in China or a similar country. They say they know it is expensive to send the item back, so the buyer can keep it blah blah blah, and they are going to send a replacement, but the replacement never arrives.

Message 4 of 13
Latest reply

Rouge seller

You have a refund - why do you expect the goods as well?

Buy from somebody else. You won't be getting a replacement.

Message 5 of 13
Latest reply

Rouge seller

You can not have it both ways. They refunded you and let you keep the wrong one. So really they have been quite fair.

Message 6 of 13
Latest reply

Rouge seller

What do you have against red? That is the English of 'rouge', Pray the countess doesn't stumble upon this thread.

Message 7 of 13
Latest reply

Rouge seller

@ratman0100 wrote:

You can not have it both ways. They refunded you and let you keep the wrong one. So really they have been quite fair.

I know they say ebay forced a refund but the impression I am getting is that they mean they could have had a refund, ebay was on their side, but the seller persuaded them to close the case instead.

So they didn't actually get the refund, they were promised a replacement, which surprise, surprise, has not arrived.

whufc, you can't reopen a case with ebay. That's the bottom line and it is why the seller was so keen to get you to close the case and not finalise a claim. All you can do, as others have said, is open a paypal claim if you paid that way. Hop to it and don't close it till you have money back. Keep an eye on it so you can answer if the seller makes some reply.

Message 8 of 13
Latest reply

Rouge seller

@springyzone wrote:

@ratman0100 wrote:

I know they say ebay forced a refund but the impression I am getting is that they mean they could have had a refund, ebay was on their side, but the seller persuaded them to close the case instead.

So they didn't actually get the refund, they were promised a replacement, which surprise, surprise, has not arrived.

____________________________________________________________________________________________

That's what I understand too, springy. 

Message 9 of 13
Latest reply

Rouge seller

Yes, exactly I was promised a replacement but it never arrived. The problem I have is there does not seem to be a channel for contacting Ebay to get them to help. Therefore, it gives a rouge seller a loop hole to rip people off.

Message 10 of 13
Latest reply