SCAM - Chinese sellers misrepresenting item location - Equick

So here is the latest 'SCAM' many Chinese sellers are now using in their listings to convince you to buy from them as their stock is supposedly located in Australia and you will get the goods quicker.

'AU STOCK' is big and bold in their listing heading.

In fact the item is in China and they use a re-fullfilment service called Equick.cn who consolidate many sellers parcels on a daily basis and ship them to Sydney. Equick then despatch them using Australia Post from their warehouse in Botany.

Around 4-5 days after you make your purchase you finally receive the tracking advice from Australia Post, which makes you think the items are in Australia, but in fact they have not even left China.  Around 10-14 days later you finally receive the goods.

This activity is clearly misleading and a breach of eBay's 'misrepresenting item location' rules and needs to be stopped.

Message 1 of 252
Latest reply
251 REPLIES 251

Good to see my original post is still kicking along !  One of the main culprits in this SCAM is in fact Australia Post who now sell their re-fullfilment services through their StarTrek Express division who have a big warehouse in Chullora NSW.

The Chinese sellers use the Australia Post eParcel portal (in China) to create the label for the goods and stick them on your package before it leaves China.  All the parcels are consolidated and sent to Australia using Star Trek Express.  The consignment arrives in Sydney and Star Trek drops the box contents at the Chullora Mail Centre located on the same site, 10-14 days after you placed your order.

The eParcel runs standard postage, so expect another 5-14 days to arrive at your letterbox.

Since China insisted all parcels go through X-RAY before going onto a plane, the delays began, so now it's quicker to throw all the small parcels into one big box and use consolidated airfreight to get international parcels delivered in a 'timely' manner.

Have you seen how many sellers are based in DARWIN and BROOME these days ???  The north end economy must be booming !

Message 31 of 252
Latest reply

Totally agree just sent a long note to ebay about scandisk cards supposed to be sydney stock but 10 days post **bleep**,cancelled and purchased from a stdney stockist arrived the next day

Message 32 of 252
Latest reply

We have to pay more in australia to give  the C.E.O of aust post his $5 million dollar sallary

Message 33 of 252
Latest reply

Except that the new CEO of AP won't get anywhere near that much. The other bloke resigned several months ago, so that one doesn't really wash any more.

Message 34 of 252
Latest reply

I'm super frustrated at this as its killing my sales and taking away food from my kids. There's now sellers saying their in Australia Australia or NSW AU. What can we do about this??? 😞
Message 35 of 252
Latest reply

I've reported them to ebay several times and nothing happens. Honestly don't know what to do besides close shop.
Message 36 of 252
Latest reply

Ebay Australia cannot do anything about the Chinese sellers....they have to be reported to ebay China and they do nothing about it.

Message 37 of 252
Latest reply

@fatkini wrote:
I'm super frustrated at this as its killing my sales and taking away food from my kids. There's now sellers saying their in Australia Australia or NSW AU. What can we do about this??? 😞

Maybe you should lock your doors to stop people stealing food from your kids mouths. Works for me.

Message 38 of 252
Latest reply

@*tippy*toes* wrote:

@fatkini wrote:

Maybe you should lock your doors to stop people stealing food from your kids mouths. Works for me.

I think this reason/excuse trumps all the pensioner/disabled/out of work members who post here.  At least they don't let their kids go hungry while they sell and BUY on ebay.

Message 39 of 252
Latest reply

I would have thought maybe the kids WERE starving because any money they made from sales is being spent on goodies instead of food. It's always the kids that suffer. Poor starving things, can no longer afford to take them to Maccas 6 days a week. Won't somebody PLEASE think of the children?

Message 40 of 252
Latest reply