Save a search ?

I give up...

I have been around Ebay for yonks, set up a new search with the filters I need and I cannot find anywhere on the page to "save this search".

Message 1 of 7
Latest reply
6 REPLIES 6

Save a search ?

Save a search ?

It's up near the top of the search page:-

Capture.PNG

"Start me up I'll never stop......"
Message 3 of 7
Latest reply

Save a search ?

Thanks kopes & padi,

My problem is that I am not searching for a specific item using the search bar.

I want to drill down via the main category, then to a sub category, then filter by used only and Oz only, then exclude one paricular seller who floods the category with mountains of unsaleable rubbish.

So, I am not using the search system per se and I can get the results I need after quite a bit of clicking and filtering.

It would be wonderful to be able to save this as a saved search.  I used to be able to do so and have a number of saved searches which I set up a few years ago in just this manner.

Even using "Edit Search" to alter the parameters of one of my existing saved searches doesn't work as although I can click on "save"... as usual with Ebay it doesn't..

Message 4 of 7
Latest reply

Save a search ?

Are you using the filters on the left hand side of the page?

To block specific sellers from your search -

block sellers.JPG

I save these searches as a bookmark, so I don't have to keep doing it.

Message 5 of 7
Latest reply

Save a search ?

Stawks,

I do just that, but it says that the exclude a seller is saved but it doesn't!

I have tried numerous times and mostly I end up with the "used" filter having been selected 5 times although I only clicked on it once and with under 100 results when there are thousands.

My problem is that I need to search for everything within a subcategory, having used the filters on the left hand side so that all I see is ~ used & Oz only & without one sellers rubbish.

So I can't use the general search system as that will not let me select a sub category, only the head category.

I don't know about bookmarks, I have only ever used saved searches?

Message 6 of 7
Latest reply

Save a search ?

A bookmark is nothing to do with ebay per se, it's where you save a webpage in your Favourites (sometimes called Bookmarks, depending on the browser you're using).
Message 7 of 7
Latest reply