Screening out Chinese Sellers

I'm not interesting in buying clothing from Chinese sellers due to postal delay so I would screen them out by searching on Nearest First but now I discover items purchased from sellers supposedly in Australia are being shipped from China and take weeks to get here.  Is ebay aware of this misrepresentation and if so what are they doing about it?

Message 1 of 4
Latest reply
3 REPLIES 3

Re: Screening out Chinese Sellers

lyndal1838
Honored Contributor

It is a subject that is so old it has whiskers.   Do a search of the boards and you will find plenty of threads on Location Misrepresentation.

In a nutshell, ebay knows about it but claims that they cannot do anything and it should be reported to ebay China.....and they do nothing either.

Message 2 of 4
Latest reply

Because ebay 'won't' do anything about this, I always check where the seller is and look at their feedback

Ebay allow sellers to put anywhere they want as the item location so I don't rely on that because I know it could be nonsense

Message 3 of 4
Latest reply

I try to stay away from them now. After accidently ordering an item, which could not be sent to my PO Box. I had a case opened against me, while the seller did not cancel my order when approached by me. To get out of it, and not lose my good reputation as a buyer - I then paid for the item, and directed it to be delivered to my mother in a nursing home, as I have no postal delivery at the remote place where I live. Yes, the long delivery times, sometimes taking up to four weeks.

Message 4 of 4
Latest reply