Seller Fraud

I purchased autographs from an ebay seller selling fake autographs. He has been suspended from ebay for selling fake autographs. I filed disputes to get refunds for the items I purchased from him. He swears they are real however they failed third party authentication. He obtained my email address from the paypal transaction page and has been sending me abusive emails, calling me names, demanding I return the items (I can't return them until paypal tells me to and why should I have to pay for return postage when items are fake), making threats (says he is going to come to my country and get the photos back), and using highly offensive language. I think he is simply trying to intimidate me trying to get me to close the disputes so he can keep my money. He has sent multiple emails (I have replied to none of them). I have reported him to paypal and ebay but they can do nothing. Items have to be returned at my expense otherwise I don’t get a refund. This seller then gets his fakes back at my expense and is then free scam others either by selling them privately or on another shopping website or he can probably sign up for a new ebay account. I am so frustrated. I have really lost my faith in both paypal and ebay. I am also rambling my question is this why do I have to pay the return postage when even ebay admits the items I purchased are fake?

Message 1 of 54
Latest reply
53 REPLIES 53

Seller Fraud

says he is going to come to my country and get the photos back

I don't know how much you paid for the items, but, unless the items are worth many many thousands of dollars this is just a hollow threat.  I mean, who in their right mind would do this for a couple of hundred dollors or less.  You could forward the email where he says this to PayPal and say that you don't need to return them as he is coming to collect, in person!

Seller Fraud

Sorry if I have been unclear I am very upset about this whole situation. I have 4 disputes against this seller for items I purchased over 4 different transactions and they are at different claim stages. I purchased them in different auctions the seller listrd each week. I filed the 4 disputes on the same day as each other and I escalated the 4 disputes to claims the next day. The seller was required to respond to paypal and he has done so on different days which is why the claims are at different assessment stages.

1 claim has been reviewed by paypal and requires me to send the items from this purchase back to receive a refund. The other 3 claims are currently being reviewed by paypal and it looks likely that I will be required to send those items back to get refunds for them despite the evidence I have provided to both ebay and paypal.

Hope this clarifies.
Message 12 of 54
Latest reply

Seller Fraud

Paypal sent me an email to say they decided in my favor to grant the refund for 1 of the 4 disputes I have against this seller (as I said paypal is still reviewing the other 3) however deciding in my favor means I have to send the items from this dispute to the seller at my expense (non refundable) before the refund will be processed.
Message 13 of 54
Latest reply

Seller Fraud

Any abusive emails can be forwarded to the senders ISP and they will act against his account. Send to postmaster@sender's email domain. (so for example if their email address is abc @ AOL.com then you would forward the emails to postmaster@AOL.com

Message 14 of 54
Latest reply

Seller Fraud

lyndal1838
Honored Contributor

But have you provided the proof that they are FAKES?  If you have, then ring paypal and tell them that they are fakes and the cost of returning by trackable post makes it too expensive. Ask if you can destroy them and provide proof of having done so.

The whole point of this dispute is that they are FAKES, not just that they are Not As Described.

Message 15 of 54
Latest reply

Seller Fraud

Helena,it would take all of about 1 MINUTE to tell you how to block their emails-what email program are you using?

Message 16 of 54
Latest reply

Seller Fraud

I am not very knowlegable about the technical side of computers and the internet but if you can help me block these horrible emails I would very much appreciate that. I'mhope this is the information you are asking for I use internet explorer for widows XP and my internet provider is telstra so I'm rigistered through bigpond mail. Is that what you needed to know?

Message 17 of 54
Latest reply

Seller Fraud

For the ebayer's message before yes I have proven the autographs are fakes and both paypal and ebay aggree with me however the seller has requested they be returned. I suppose he thinks he won't lose out on the deal that way because even though I get refunded the purchase price it still costs me to return them he can then resell them to some other poor individual. Or maybe he's just doing this to be mean. I don't know his motives.  

Message 18 of 54
Latest reply

Seller Fraud

Helena,your email program will have an actual name though-have a look at this link

https://bigpond.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/12524

Message 19 of 54
Latest reply

Seller Fraud

Yes do follow Kaz's advice. I did some further research and believe you may be able to seek external assistance via Econsumer http://www.econsumer.gov/ which is part of Internet fraud police.

"Be the change you want to see in the world" Mahatma Gandhi
Message 20 of 54
Latest reply