Seller Will not send item as they did not get the price they wanted in the bidding

Hi Everyone, I have encountered a dodgie seller. The first item I purchased of him last year, He did not send it out for 2 months, He then cancelled the sale after this time and I was unable to leave any feedback. 5 other people left negative feedback, but he got eBay to cancel it so he is at 100 percent positive feedback. I purchased an item off him 2 weeks ago, but he just won't post it, as he wanted more money for it. I won the auction fair and square. Is eBay Australia a joke, or do they actually take things seriously. Thank you

Message 1 of 13
Latest reply
12 REPLIES 12

Seller Will not send item as they did not get the price they wanted in the bidding

Ebay Australia is not a joke,  buyers who buy from a seller they have had previous issues with are the problem.

You admit you had issues,  and waited 2 months to do anything,  whereas you should have opened an Item not recieved case after the expected delivery date had passed.

But worse still, you went back and made another purchase.  Why?

Don't come here and complain if you are helping these dodgy sellers.

Message 2 of 13
Latest reply

Sorry to hear you are upset.

I'm sure you know how to get a refund.

What do you suggest that eBay do?

Should they send Guido & Luigi to make an offer to the seller that they can't refuse?

Best to get a refund & find a better seller.

Message 3 of 13
Latest reply

@andrew38133820,

The most important thing is to ensure youโ€™re not out of pocket.

I am assuming that the seller refunded you in that first instance. You are fortunate if so; do NOT wait 2 months for an order! You must take note of the latest EDD (Estimated Delivery Date) which will show in your Purchases section next to the item title, and if the item hadnโ€™t arrived by, say 1-2 weeks at the latest after that, open an INR (Item Not Received) refund request without any further delay.

The reason for this is that you can only open the claim up to 30 days after the EDD if an item doesnโ€™t arrive. Not one second later.

While itโ€™s satisfying to leave feedback when you feel aggrieved, itโ€™s only a moral satisfaction, not โ€œwalletโ€ satisfaction. Thereโ€™s a timeframe for leaving feedback as well, and there are also rules about what sort of thing you can say. Simplest appropriate feedback โ€” โ€œItem didnโ€™t arrive. Unsatisfactory experienceโ€ or something of that sort. (If feedback mentions a dispute, includes profanity, or is libellous, it will probably be removed.)

Why, oh why did you purchase from the same seller again?

If a seller refuses to send an item after you placed the winning bid, no one is going to be able to force the seller to send (unless you initiate court action which is unlikely to be cost-effective, and will be a major waste of your time unless the item is of high value โ€ฆ and thereโ€™s no guarantee of success). Just shrug it off; open an INR case and get back your money, and never buy from that seller again.

There are plenty of good sellers on eBay. Avoid problem sellers.

Message 4 of 13
Latest reply

@repentatleisure1952 wrote:

Sorry to hear you are upset.

Why,  it's self imposed,  they call Ebay a joke,  whereas in reallity they (this buyer) are supporting these sellers.  Maybe a bit of mirror looking will help them.

Message 5 of 13
Latest reply

I'm getting the impression this is not so much a seller who is trying to purposefully scam anyone but more a clueless, dithery seller, maybe one who only sells occasionally. And definitely one who doesn't understand or care how ebay actually works.  

I am basing that on the fact you say he cancelled your purchase last year-but after 2 months. I am presuming that he then refunded you? If so, then he didn't have to. He could have kept your money as you were over the time limit for making an ebay claim or even leaving bad feedback. 

All the same, this is a seller to avoid as the likelihood of a good outcome is a bit dicey, you're just wasting your time with this numpty, move on the other sellers & give him a wide berth.

You only have 30 days after your item's expected arrival in which to lodge an ebay claim for item not delivered. You should have opened your claim within days after that estimated delivery date passed.

You would have received a full refund. Ebay would have taken it from the seller's funds. The seller would have had no say in it. Ebay would then have known there was a problem & if that kept happening, with other buyers opening the same claims over & over, I think ebay would put some restrictions on the seller's account. I don't sell any more so I am not exactly sure how it works, but I think a seller with a problem track record may pay higher fees or have restrictions on sales?

If unhappy buyers just give negative feedback but never open an ebay claim, then ebay doesn't realise there is a problem. Maybe they should monitor feedback as well but they don't, so the seller gets off scot free.

I don't understand why 5 neg feedback comments have disappeared. It could be the buyers mentioned something they shouldn't, something ebay deletes or it could be (if this is an occasional seller) that the feedback was quite old and has dropped off the present 12 month summary. Have you checked all feedback, back past the 12 month mark?

As others have said, ebay can't send out the goons to collect your item. The processes in place allow you to get your revenge though.

If you buy and pay for an item and it is not sent within a reasonable time eg a week, with tracking, then as soon as the system lets you, go and open a claim in ebay. Don't mess around with the seller, messaging back and forth. Straight to ebay. Follow through, get your refund. Leave your feedback. You get 60 days.

Message 6 of 13
Latest reply

I just encountered a dodgy seller, didn't answer my request for a tracking number, nor a reason why sending it. Only a new Member. Sold a Dress for $355, apparently a deceased estate, it's now for sale for $900, it is a old Chanel Dress. Well I didn't bid on it, just noticed. I hope they will ban this person from selling other stuff, as I think it's fraudulent to do this. Shame on. What a joke.......I bought another lot but absolutely nothing from this person.

Message 7 of 13
Latest reply

@indriel60 wrote:

I just encountered a dodgy seller, didn't answer my request for a tracking number, nor a reason why sending it. Only a new Member. Sold a Dress for $355, apparently a deceased estate, it's now for sale for $900, it is a old Chanel Dress. Well I didn't bid on it, just noticed. I hope they will ban this person from selling other stuff, as I think it's fraudulent to do this. 

Why should they send you a tracking number if you didnt bid on it.

Message 8 of 13
Latest reply

What sugar said.

You didn't 'buy' it. so what is your beef?

What you notice has nothing to do with how eBay works. Did they cancel the item with bids on it? Do you know? Do you realise that an item is the property of the seller until payment has been made? PAYMENT, not bids.

Have you been appointed by eBay as an undercover policeperson?

You might consider colouring any further posts red. That's the colour of wrong, shame, embarrassment.

Message 9 of 13
Latest reply

@davewil1964 wrote:

Have you been appointed by eBay as an undercover policeperson?

This could be the phantom paid employee on the forum

Message 10 of 13
Latest reply