Seller cancels bids when auction almost over then relists with higher starting price

negan
Community Member

This has happened a few times. An auction is almost ending, I have the highest bid. I then get a notice saying the seller cancelled all bids. Then I notice the same item is re-listed with a higher starting price. The only viable reason I would think someone would do this is to try and get a better price for their item, but isn't that the point of starting an auction is that you choose the lowest starting price you would accept? There seems to be no consequnce for sellers who do this.

Message 1 of 35
Latest reply
34 REPLIES 34

Seller cancels bids when auction almost over then relists with higher starting price

This is probably the craziest thing I have ever heard. Your logic just doesn't make any sense at all. 
Are you one of those people that list things at low prices then cancel because your greed is displaced by ethics?

Message 31 of 35
Latest reply

Wow, you are still going...
If you list something at a certain starting price you should be obligated to follow through with the deal as is a buyer who buys something that is overpriced. 
This is how auctions work. If you want a certain minimum price for something, list it at that price. If someone bids, then that is what it is worth, if nobody bids you know you have started too high

Message 32 of 35
Latest reply

It took you nearly 5 years to reply to the member 

Is THAT logical ? 

Message 33 of 35
Latest reply

Reading da date of a post is very hard.

Message 34 of 35
Latest reply

Hi everyone,

Due to the age of this thread, (and the hijacking) it has been closed to further replies. Please feel free to start a new thread HERE if you wish to continue to discuss this topic.

Thank you for understanding.

For the poster who did not see the date/time, it is at the top right of each post.  The original shows on ‎25-04-2017 11:31 AM

Message 35 of 35
Latest reply