Seller is no longer a registered user

I won an auction for an item and payed for said item and now the seller is no longer a registered member. Before the user was removed they marked the item as sent. It says it should get here some time between 16th August and 20 September. What should I do?

Message 1 of 11
Latest reply
10 REPLIES 10

Those dates are fantasy dates,but,the 30th Sept would put it past the 30 day cut off date for an INR claim if it does'nt arrive (IF it has actually really been sent) it sounds like it is coming from overseas?  or did the seller just have an ultra long handling time?

Did you get anything from ebay about this?

I am wondering if they 'closed' their own account (believing that would be effective right away) Or if ebay shut them down?

What was their feedback like?  did it show a habit of scammy behaviour/things not being sent etc?

Have you phoned ebay and asked?  (best to ask for a call back if you phone, otherwiae you will get a bot in an overseas call center)

Did you pay by paypal?

Message 2 of 11
Latest reply

Are you able to contact the seller, to find out if the item was actually sent?

Message 3 of 11
Latest reply

I believe the claim time is 30 (or 32) days from the last estimated delivery date, not from the transaction date. A seller cannot naru their own account. There is a several month period where the account will still be registered.

Message 4 of 11
Latest reply

It takes 60 days to close an account

Message 5 of 11
Latest reply

I bet you it doesn't take 60 days well in my case anyway haha

Message 6 of 11
Latest reply

It's possible eBay has deregistered the member but it will take months for the account to be formally closed.

That means any outstanding transactions will still be honoured should a case be opened.

If you don't receive it by the due date open a case for INR and it should close in your favour very quickly.

image host
Message 7 of 11
Latest reply

You say it is marked as posted, do you have a tracking number? If so keep an eye on it but it probablyy means you will get your parcel. If you don't have a tracking number wait how ever long you would have waited had the seller not been NARUd and if nothing has arrived open an item not received report. You can openn it through ebay or Paypal. 

See what a trendsetter I am?
Message 8 of 11
Latest reply

They did this to me last week. They are now selling the item on gumtree:

https://www.gumtree.com.au/s-ad/walkley-heights/miscellaneous-goods/genuine-chanel-clutch-urgent-sal...

I have messaged them informing them that I am reoprting them to the police.

Please feel free to do also.

They obviously are runing a scam.

Message 9 of 11
Latest reply

Apart from the fact that this is a 2 yo thread....

'They' did what exactly?

If you paid with Paypal, and didn't rceive the item, have you opened a case to get your money back?

Or did you pay by bank deposit?

Message 10 of 11
Latest reply