Seller not accepting paypal

Is this allowed?

Message 1 of 41
Latest reply
40 REPLIES 40

If you are not happy with a decision paypal have made, you can contact the banking ombudsman and they will be able to help you. I'm not sure its legal for any financial institution to put a 6 month hold on your money.

Yes Punch, if you read the terms and conditions, when an ac is closed paypal can hold the balance for 180 days under certain circumstances

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
~~ ~~ ~~ Those who do right, have nothing to fear.
Message 31 of 41
Latest reply

Yes Punch, if you read the terms and conditions, when an ac is closed paypal can hold the balance for 180 days under certain circumstances

Guess, they base that on value of items sold recently and possible disputes / chargebacks eventuating.

000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000

Voltaire: โ€œThose Who Can Make You Believe Absurdities, Can Make You Commit Atrocitiesโ€ .
Message 32 of 41
Latest reply

Paymate is only 20c more per transaction and its impossible for them to freeze anybodies money, they dont have it, it goes straight into the sellers bak account.

OK, so where does the money come from when buyer makes a claim?  Or does Paymate just fork out the money from their own coffers?

000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000

Voltaire: โ€œThose Who Can Make You Believe Absurdities, Can Make You Commit Atrocitiesโ€ .
Message 33 of 41
Latest reply

I assume there is part of the agreement where they can debit the amount back from your credit card. They cant hold money though, its set up completely different to paypal.

photo screen-1-1-1-1.jpg
Message 34 of 41
Latest reply

With Paymate if there is a valid chargeback then the money is recovered from the seller's bank account and there is no seller protection as there is with Paypal, even if you have posted with tracking and signature on delivery the seller loses in a chargeback.

Paypal do not just close accounts for no reason, that would be economic suicide and when you open your account you agree to allow them to hold your funds for 180 days after either of you close the account just in case there are any disputes or chargebacks.

See what a trendsetter I am?
Message 35 of 41
Latest reply

And with the first reply to the OP's question - the answer was solved.

Message 36 of 41
Latest reply

I have the same problem as I have tried to contact the seller and ebay.au has also but he does not reply.  He indicates that he will accept pay pal but after I confirm payment a message comes up and says that I have to use an other method of payment namely credit card.  Seeing as the seller is so dodgie I would not trust him with credit card payment.  Ebay don't seem to be able to do anything other than sent emails and tell me to see if I can find the item from another seller which I think as unexceptable.  The has been going on for about 10 days now.  

Message 37 of 41
Latest reply

If you read all the posts on this thread from 5 years ago you'll get your answer - if you have a question that is.

"Start me up I'll never stop......"
Message 38 of 41
Latest reply

If the seller has a Merchant Credit Facility and accepts credit cards directly then they do not have to accept paypal.

It is not dodgy and you have full credit card protection in the event of something going wrong.

Can you give the item number so someone can have a look for you.

Message 39 of 41
Latest reply

See, I told you there was a trend to dig up 5yo dead threads.

Message 40 of 41
Latest reply