Seller refuses to sell.

Purchased and paid for item. Contacted seller to arrange pickup. Seller says someone else is coming to look at item and if they don't buy I can have it.

Where do I stand?

Message 1 of 27
Latest reply
26 REPLIES 26

Seller refuses to sell.

I would not have paid for the item via PayPal...best to view the item first & then pay cash.

Unsure if you are able to open a case for Item Not Received after seven days on a collection item....a member will be along to clarify

Save all messages.

Message 2 of 27
Latest reply

Seller refuses to sell.

Nobody can force a seller to sell their item.    He is not doing the right ebay thing,  but it's not the end of the world.

I would just wait - if he sells it to the other person, well that's too bad, get your money back and give appropriate feedback.

If the other person doesn't buy it, well there won't be  problem. 

But in future - pick up items should be cash after inspection.   Don't pay by paypal.

Another option is to ask for your paypal money to be refunded - explain that you will pay by cash if  the item is still available.   Set a time limit so he doesn't keep you hanging.

Message 3 of 27
Latest reply

Seller refuses to sell.

Seller has now cancelled sale.

Thanks for the replys.

Message 4 of 27
Latest reply

Seller refuses to sell.

@goodnightwalter wrote:

Purchased and paid for item. Contacted seller to arrange pickup. Seller says someone else is coming to look at item and if they don't buy I can have it.

Where do I stand?

@goodnightwalter wrote:

Seller has now cancelled sale.

Thanks for the replys.

Report them to eBay as they will now say that they've now sold off site (as you purchased you won the item and

them letting someone else to have a look at it first wasn't an option).

Just get eBay to check your messages from the seller to verify what's happened,good.gif

Message 5 of 27
Latest reply

Seller refuses to sell.

How do I report it? Since it was cancelled it is removed from my purchased list and the item listing is gone. The email links don't have an option to report.

The reason I payed immediatly was because it had a code for 10% off. Item was $1000 so that discount was the clincher.

Message 6 of 27
Latest reply

Seller refuses to sell.

@goodnightwalter wrote:

How do I report it? Since it was cancelled it is removed from my purchased list and the item listing is gone. The email links don't have an option to report.

Try scolling down past the bottom of your purchase history, that's where cancelled orders are found.

"Start me up I'll never stop......"
Message 7 of 27
Latest reply

Seller refuses to sell.

There should also be a record of it in your paypal account. I can't remember what details are there but it should show the person's name, their ID, and the item details.
Message 8 of 27
Latest reply

Seller refuses to sell.

@goodnightwalter wrote:

Where do I stand?

Hi goodnightwalter, this is a very dirty practice. This is happening more and more now. Sellers lying saying they can't provide the winning item because it's (mysteriously recently become) damaged etc. Then they re-list and sell for a higher price. Sometimes on a different site.  Anyway with this case, you took time out from your own time which is valuable to purchase an item and then get told that it is not available. The seller should be comitted to selling to you. This is wrong and it's dirty and dishonest selling. Shame on that seller for doing this to you!

Message 9 of 27
Latest reply

Seller refuses to sell.

4channel, members don't come here looking for empathy.

They come looking for advice /help.

How is anything you post helpful?

Message 10 of 27
Latest reply