Seller relisted an item I won and paid for, what do I do

ajd884
Community Member

Message 1 of 7
Latest reply
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Re: Seller relisted an item I won and paid for, what do I do

In addition to what has already been said, occasionally there are glitches and items are relisted by eBay when they have already been sold, but the seller has no idea.

We need more information. Has your transaction been cancelled? Have you been refunded? Have you contacted the seller? What is the seller's feedback?

View solution in original post

Message 4 of 7
Latest reply
6 REPLIES 6

Take the refund presumably given, give them a neg if possible, move on.

Message 2 of 7
Latest reply

I'm guessing it was probably an auction and the seller didn't get the price they wanted (ebay "encourage" sellers to list auctions with a start bid of 99c and newer sellers do it, because they think they have to. Most of the time they only get one bid).

Unfortunately, there's not a lot you can do. If they have refunded your money, that's a good thing. If they haven't, then open an item not received dispute as soon as the last ETA date has passed. As mentioned, leave the seller a well deserved negative. Apart from that, as also already mentioned, move on. You can't force a seller to honour the transaction.

Message 3 of 7
Latest reply

In addition to what has already been said, occasionally there are glitches and items are relisted by eBay when they have already been sold, but the seller has no idea.

We need more information. Has your transaction been cancelled? Have you been refunded? Have you contacted the seller? What is the seller's feedback?

Message 4 of 7
Latest reply

The seller may have had more than one of the item?

Message 5 of 7
Latest reply

Especially if it was the seller in China who has numerous 'more than one' (or buy 1,2 ,3, etc listed )

It does not instantly and only mean the *one* you bought is the *same* one listed now 

Message 6 of 7
Latest reply

Ebay glitch

Message 7 of 7
Latest reply