Seller said she uploaded a fake tracking number.

Hello, I have purchased last week a tablet from apparently a Chinese brand but the seller appears to be their only Australian eBay store.

Yesterday, seller said this item will take another week to get here, and she would upload a fake tracking number for the time being. I understand this is what usually happens when the actual stock is located in China and told her it's fine I can wait. I thought the tracking number would be one of those "holding" tracking numbers which will remain idle for a few weeks until it reaches here then they send it to the post office / courier.

Today I found the tracking number shows movement in the postal system. Obviously that's not my item.

Their feedback are all positive for this year, although often complained about slow postage.

I don't usually purchase items located overseas, this one is an exception. Is it their standard practice to upload fake tracking numbers or should I be concerned?

Thank you.

Message 1 of 108
Latest reply
107 REPLIES 107

@chameleon54 wrote:

This is a cut and paste from a forum prediction I made 18 months ago 

" All I can say is when the tumbleweeds are rolling down the deserted forum streets, and the rats are fighting over a few scraps in the dark corners it wont take Einstein to work out what went so wrong. "

Love it when I absolutely nail it ...........  😄 ................Bye till next time I,m passing through.

I am humbled by your modesty.

What is it that you nailed?

Message 101 of 108
Latest reply

@repentatleisure1952 wrote:

@chameleon54 wrote:

This is a cut and paste from a forum prediction I made 18 months ago 

" All I can say is when the tumbleweeds are rolling down the deserted forum streets, and the rats are fighting over a few scraps in the dark corners it wont take Einstein to work out what went so wrong. "

Love it when I absolutely nail it ...........  😄 ................Bye till next time I,m passing through.

Some really old dude that is over 2000 years old to a cross?

Message 102 of 108
Latest reply

@repentatleisure1952 wrote:

images (4).jpeg

Message 103 of 108
Latest reply

Guys, the story is not finished, yet.

I got a missed call from eBay this morning. I tried to call back, but the number does not receive calls, it says "if you need to contact eBay then go to contact us page" or something then it hangs up.

Then I got a msg from eBay, saying the call was regarding to this particular forum post. Apparently eBay had noticed this forum post and asked me to initiate "Have Us Call You." if I still have issues with this transaction. I never expected eBay monitoring this forum and never expected them to actually follow up on this matter.  Thank you eBay.

But my tablet works fine at the moment, and I'm satisfied with the transaction overall. So I'm probably not calling.

However if eBay are kindly monitoring this thread again, I just want to say that 2023 had been a difficult year for everyone and I myself had always been patient to all sellers (as I'm a seller myself), both XP Pen and eBay are good people. I thank XP Pen for this product so I can start enjoy drawing without wasting  a ton of paper, and I thank eBay for caring about your customers. This one week of delay from XP Pen was completely understandable during Christmas and New Year and I once again appreciate the effort from XP Pen to finally deliver the product to me and the efforts from eBay ensuring smooth and timely buying experiences for buyers.

I wish both XP Pen and eBay a prosperous 2024. Thank you all.

Message 104 of 108
Latest reply

Just a question - have you received feedback or left feedback for this item. ??

Message 105 of 108
Latest reply

Hi everyone,

This discussion has gotten a bit heated. Please remember that, while it is fine to disagree with others, discussion should always remain friendly and respectful as required by the Community Guidelines.

Thank you for your cooperation.

Message 106 of 108
Latest reply

I think you are very gracious, huatao and I do agree with you that over Xmas and new years, it is not unreasonable to wait a few extra days for delivery as it is a busy time of year for the postal service and couriers.

I don't think the seller actually did a lot wrong except issue a false tracking number. To me, it would be better if they had just pushed out the delivery date.

I am pleased to hear that ebay did contact you. I have often had the feeling that the forums have intermittent attention. It is your decision entirely if you follow up, you are certainly not under any obligation to if you are happy with your purchase and transaction.

Message 107 of 108
Latest reply

Something not quite right - no sales of this item mid December.

Interestingly - there has been no feedback received nor given for this item with either of the ' local  sellers '.

Message 108 of 108
Latest reply