Seller says posted. But still showing as waiting to be posted when I check

I purchased an item, paid for by PAYPAL on the 28th of May. The Seller stated it was posted on the 29th giving me a tracking number. However, on the Australia Post tracking it is still showing (02.06.23) 

Ready for processing

It's either waiting to be picked up from the sender or ready for sorting at our facility.

I contacted the Seller who stated they had forwarded again on the 29th May. I checked the listing today (2nd June) and the item is now showing as 

Awaiting postage
Order date:28 May, 2023
I have contacted the Seller but can't contact EBAY to intervene until the 12th of this month. 
Message 1 of 25
Latest reply
24 REPLIES 24

Re: Seller says posted. But still showing as waiting to be posted when I check

Besides contacting the seller twice

Trying to see if they could open a dispute well before the estimated delivery date

Posting here to question the seller's tracking

Ignoring the fact that was mentioned about EBAY are the ones who 'mark it as posted' when the seller generates a label

(none of this is considered harassing the seller)

BUT

I find it interesting that the OP regularly leaves feedback which is about the speed of the postal service included in the feedback for the seller  but then believes what the website tells them over what the seller has told them 

🤔

Message 21 of 25
Latest reply

You would simply be better off not buying online. 

Message 22 of 25
Latest reply

I bought a rare o/p CD from the UK on 28 April. Seller very kindly agreed to send by Royal Mail instead of GSP. Tracking number generated, but no event scanned. eBay estimated EDD 10th to 12th May (which I thought optimistic). I asked seller if perhaps the tracking number was incorrect… 

It wasn’t incorrect, and seller assumed item lost in post (although I was happy to wait, he refunded). As I said to seller, it could still turn up; Royal Mail had never lost a parcel for me yet.

Well, it did turn up just 4 days ago. (Repaid.)

To this moment, not a single tracking event.

But it arrived. I expended little worry on the lack of tracking information as I really did feel sure that the CD would get here. eBay’s estimated delivery range was wildly off. 

I mention this only to illustrate that getting upset or overly worried by tracking details is often an exercise in futility. Sometimes parcels are not scanned.

Message 23 of 25
Latest reply

Yes I realise this is a years old thread but just last week it happened to me where the tracking said “ready for processing” for 5 days before I checked.

the seller had removed the item and listing entirely and had shut down their eBay account.

clearly a scammer.

so just goes to show that this can be a cause for alarm and that it isn’t always just a matter of it not updating.

Message 24 of 25
Latest reply

Interesting since no seller can close their account until it has been (roughly) 30 days since their last sale

Luckily all buyers are covered by the MBG and have 30 days past the estimated delivery date to open an item not received dispute

No alarm required if the tools all buyers are given are used 

Thankfully it seems eBay themselves have shut down many of the dodgy sellers you have opted to buy from in your sea of many red dots

Are you actually checking feedback before buying?

Message 25 of 25
Latest reply