Seller used my details to remove negative feedback

hi all,

So i made a purchase then a week later I see it still hasn't been posted so I contacted the seller to see what's up. Seller says they ran out of stock and were expecting more soon. I waited. A month goes by and I contact the seller for an eta and was ignored so I left negative feedback and opened a item not received case. 

Got my refund then later in the evening I get messages about chats. I look into the transcripts and find the seller opened a chat 3 times under different accounts and successfully convinced a support member to remove the feedback. Has this happened to anyone else?

Message 1 of 27
Latest reply
26 REPLIES 26

Re: Seller used my details to remove negative feedback

vongy, I'd be calling rather than emailing.

Emails seem to end up in a vast chaotic expanse where bots assemble nonsensical replies from misunderstood fragments.

With the links in my post (hover over the "call us" or "have us call you" text to see the links, or just click onto that text), you can go directly (I hope) to eBay CS who should understand what a breach this is.

Message 21 of 27
Latest reply

@danieh_6 wrote:
I disagree same seller OP has mentioned literally has negs with disputes being mentioned.

Are you sure you aren't confusing high rated sellers with account managers? Because that would classified as issue resolved neg removed.

I'm fully aware that in the past Account Managers have been able to remove a lot of negs from high-volume sellers. But in the case of the OP it doesn't appear that Account Managers were involved.

I can only reaffirm that if disputes are mentioned in negs then, if the seller is aware of the process, those negs can be removed. I would doubt if the bots would pick it up, so it's down to the seller reporting it to eBay.

"Start me up I'll never stop......"
Message 22 of 27
Latest reply

I've reported it through the email and chat. Both said they will be taking action against this seller. Chat seemed to have no interest after I explained everything but they said they reported it.
Message 23 of 27
Latest reply

@vongy10 wrote:
Yes, I believe I left the feedback after opening the case.

It seems to not be the reason for removal in this instance, but avoid leaving negative feedback while a request/case is open - it can be perceived as trying to pressure or blackmail the seller into going along with whatever claim you've made. Wait until it's been resolved.

NEVERMIND ON TROUBLES!!! LET'S DO HOBBY!!!
Message 24 of 27
Latest reply

Ok sorry I believe you guys now, this just happened to me. A buyer left me bad feedback because a product was all 5/5pcs "faulty" and then opened SNAD case but the feedback was automatically removed?? My account manager or customer service didn't remove it.
Message 25 of 27
Latest reply

Maybe danieh, eBay isn't just managing payments now, they're "managing feedback" as well.    true.gif

Weird through................. 

"Start me up I'll never stop......"
Message 26 of 27
Latest reply

Maybeee haha.

Definitely is weird, I mean I'm not complaining but I'm happy it was removed but still shouldn't have been removed in the first place hahaha
Message 27 of 27
Latest reply