Seller wants more money after sale...

Could someone please answer this. I have just purchaced and paid for an item via paypal. However the seller is now requesting an additional four dollars for compulsery tracking. Apparently in the sellers description somewhere ther was request to pay extra four dollars on top of price quoated. I understand it's my error as well. My concern is now seller is requesting i pay the extra four dollars via paypal addressed to sellers email adress which has me worried because it seems to be a transaction outside of ebay and against policy.The four dollars is not the issue the issue is seller wont send untill receives the four dollars.Down below is the request message.

Hi. The $4 can't be paid at the post office as I have to pay prior to sending. I have tried on Ebay to send through an invoice with adjusted postage but it won't allow me as payment has been made. I've logged into Paypal and it seems you can make a payment to an email address so if you can log in and pay the additional $4 and when it arrives I will be able to post your jacket 🙂

Message 1 of 13
Latest reply
2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Accepted Solutions

Re: Seller wants more money after sale...

This seller is breaking quite a few eBay policies:

1. Charging an additional post fee because you have elected to use a paypal service for payment

2. Charging an addtional post charge on top of their displayed listing price (regardless of their fine print) 

3. Asking you to pay the amount into their paypal account outside of the transaction - (circumventing FVF fees)

Personally I would do a bit of homework on your purchase as it is questionable that it is the real deal.

View solution in original post

Message 5 of 13
Latest reply

Message 6 of 13
Latest reply
12 REPLIES 12

I am not sure of a solution here as to how the seller can invoice you $4 through the eBay system.

By requesting you to pay direct to his/her Paypal a/c the seller won't be paying eBay their final value fee on that $4 like they should be.

It seems a poor system the seller has, if the $4 is compulsory for buyers to pay, it should be added into the postage costs on the listings, which will then show on invoices.
Message 2 of 13
Latest reply

Once upon a time, sellers were allowed to say that if a buyer uses PayPal to pay, they are obliged to pay for registered / signature on delivery/ insurance, but that is no longer allowed at all - the seller either needs to charge it to all buyers and include it in the standard P&H cost, or not... But they are not allowed to ask you to pay more after the fact and should honour the sale without asking for more. Also, you actually void your own PayPal buyer protection if you make more than one payment for the same item / transaction, so the seller is asking you to protect them at your expense.

Sending someone money directly via PayPal doesn't actually mean it's an 'off eBay" transaction, though. It's when sales for items listed on eBay don't actually occur on eBay (i.e there is no official transaction between two members for an item listed here, eg a direct payment is sent and the seller ends the listing without the buyer making a proper purchase, thus the seller avoids paying fees to eBay for the sale). 

Message 3 of 13
Latest reply

Looks like the seller has returned from a 5 year break from selling here. Hasn't caught up with current rules?
Message 4 of 13
Latest reply

This seller is breaking quite a few eBay policies:

1. Charging an additional post fee because you have elected to use a paypal service for payment

2. Charging an addtional post charge on top of their displayed listing price (regardless of their fine print) 

3. Asking you to pay the amount into their paypal account outside of the transaction - (circumventing FVF fees)

Personally I would do a bit of homework on your purchase as it is questionable that it is the real deal.

Message 5 of 13
Latest reply

Don't pay it.
Message 6 of 13
Latest reply

Thank you all for reply. if it was you would you even reply to say not paying it. Since it is not due till 16th and 18th i will give it till the 30th then i will consider next step.

Message 7 of 13
Latest reply

Dear XXXXX

I am sorry but I purchased your item based on the total price including delivery and am not repared to pay anything extra. As it is against ebay policy to ask for extra payment I expect my item to be posted asap. 

Yours etc

See what a trendsetter I am?
Message 8 of 13
Latest reply

tyvm

Message 9 of 13
Latest reply

Hi. Thank you for the fast payment. Listing stated Paypal payments will need to pay an additional $4 as I have to provide a tracking number as proof. If you can provide a physical address that will require you to sign upon delivery otherwise I will need to send jacket via Australia Post and you will need to pay the additional $4 fee.                           

Please help me is this my fault or theres

Message 10 of 13
Latest reply