Sellers postage at $2, puts $1.40 stamp on envelope. Au Post charge another $7.30 as parcel

This seller has $2 on most items listed. She puts the item in an envelope, pops  $1.40 stamp on it. Becasue it's thicker than 20mm, Au Post charge an extra $7.30. 

Now the seller refuses to deal with it. I was very polite at first. Asked her to review her postage. Told me to get over it, it's just a couple of dollars. The whole point has just gone straight over her head!

I shared some policies with her and Au Post links. Then she refused to do anything and abuses me?!

She obviously says this to all and they do let it slide. I don't take lightly to sellers who con their buyers. I wasn't nasty, just gave her more links to read. Now she says she was going to deal with it but because of my attitude, she won't.

She does have only one other feedback about the postage. I would say that she has been getting away with it for a few years now.

HOW or WHY should these sellers get away with this?

Message 1 of 9
Latest reply
8 REPLIES 8

Sellers postage at $2, puts $1.40 stamp on envelope. Au Post charge another $7.30 as parcel

Report her To AP
Message 2 of 9
Latest reply

If AP want you to pay extra just refuse and the item will be returned to sender or junked if their return address is not on it.

As it has n0o travking and has not been delivered you can open an item not received dispute and get your money back.

Once you pay the extra and accept the delivery you have condoned what the seller did.

You can also leave them factual feedback and below 3 stars for postage price which will impact his account especially if it happens often.

See what a trendsetter I am?
Message 3 of 9
Latest reply

Sounds like the OP has been more than reasonable. I use the red dot button very sparingly, but this might be a good time to polish it up ready for use.

Message 4 of 9
Latest reply

I send some items $1.40 large letter and some $7.20 parcel and if I goof it up, I wear it, no discussion.

Many Buyers that post here have no real cause for complaint but, your case is totally justified and I would absolutely encourage you to stick to your guns.  Not your fault that your Seller hasn't done their homework or exercised due dillegence prior to preparing their listing.

I'm almost always against recommending a negative but, this is certainly a case where it seems that it may be more than adaqueatly deserved.

Good luck and hope you get a positive outcome.

Message 5 of 9
Latest reply

I take it from the OP that you had to pay the difference to collect the item.

If that is the case, a negative is most defintiely warranted.

Seller underpaid postage, I paid difference to accept item, seller refused compensation

And report them to eBay

edited to say - ignore my reply, you have already left feedback and put them right in their place, I do hope however, the abuse they accuse you of in the reply to your "buyer King thing" that made no sonse to me at all, was unfounded...........

who knows?

You can't please all the people all the time, so now I just please myself

Message 6 of 9
Latest reply

To clarify - the buyer king thing was from the strange seller, not the OP - ran out of time to edit my typo

You can't please all the people all the time, so now I just please myself

Message 7 of 9
Latest reply

What is the item number?

I have found that some items with normal postage will never sell.

However, if I repackage that item so it is flat, i can send it as a letter.

I sometimes put items in a zip lock bag and squeeze the air out.

Sometimes I have completely repackage the item.

But, I have seen small envelopes, with a small but fat item come thru with a couple of stamps.

I think that AP is getting very harsh with these lately.

Message 8 of 9
Latest reply

I have had batteries come through in normal envelopes with a couple of stamps on them.

A couple came through all OK (from WA and Country NSW), the other from Sydney was stamped

as too low postage. I can't remember if it had more than one set of betteries in it.

They are barely 20mm so it doesn't surprise me that AP would clamp down.

Message 9 of 9
Latest reply