Sellers who say posted but didn't really for a couple of days

I've had a pretty good run with Sellers in the years I've bought things off eBay. Some Sellers go the extra mile and others have excellent customer service and are very quick at answering questions.

A few times when I've bought something I've got notificiation within an hour or 2 to say the item/s have been shipped. I've thought wow that's super fast but at times there is a 2 days delay before the item has actually been posted. I am assumeing the items are in the red and white postal bag and they have listed the item/s as shipped when they actually haven't been. Is this common practise with some Sellers?  As a buyer I'm just glad to have tracking info to follow parcels and still enjoy the eBay buying experience very much and continue to do so.

I never expect Sellers to post over the weekend and if I do a Buy It Now on a Saturday I don't expect it to be posted before Monday. I'd just like to have Sellers notify when the item is actually shipped. For those who are Sellers what is the reason for saying you've shipped them before it physically was?

Message 1 of 26
Latest reply
25 REPLIES 25

Re: Sellers who say posted but didn't really for a couple of days

But if the buyer actually looks at the tracking they will see that the information has been sent to AP but that is all until the item is lodged and scanned....then the information shows that the item is with AP.

What special deals and privileges are you talking about?  As far as I know same or next day posting can make a seller Top Rated but there is nothing very special about that.  It just means sellers are chasing their tails trying to keep up a standard that means little to the average buyer.

Message 21 of 26
Latest reply

@anydaysunday wrote:
Well yes, but it’s also a sneaky way of
1: Falsely impressing the buyer, because let’s face it, most of them will think it’s been lodged at Australia Post
2: Sellers are entitled to special deals and privileges if they offer same day or next day postage.

A bit like dragging up a 2 year old thread.

When this thread was current the alleged concessions for quick delivery postage were nonexistant or limited.

Message 22 of 26
Latest reply

ghryst
Community Member

this is  VERY common.
when a pickup request has been made, australia post can issue a tracking number electronically, to anyone anywhere in the world, even if the next pickup date for that business is still an entire week away.
quite frankly, im tired of ebay going along with this fraud, as soon as a tracking number is listed on ebay, ebay then issues a notification lying about the parcel having already been posted.
the seller is just, rightly, letting the buyer know what the tracking number is, this does not mean it has been posted, and for ebay to mnislead customers into thinkin git has been posted, has got to be fraud imo.
i'd love to see a court make a determination on this, cos ebay aint gonna fix it. hell, they wont even do anything about the multitude of seller listing frauds. unfortunately i am not in a position to make a loss of profits due to the fraud, so i have no grounds for a legal case..
until someone does follow this path to reclaim losses from ebay, things will never change.

/makes a note of the username who admits to deliberately delaying postage just because he resents delivering the goods he has been paid for.. wont be buying from an a**h*** like that

Message 23 of 26
Latest reply

"It can be a hassle to post every day.  Sometimes I let the parcels accumulate for a couple of days and take them all at once, especially if I have work commitments or I just don't feel like going out that particular day. "

let me translate - "it can be a hassle doing what I've been paid to do, what i freely volunteered to do for a living and seeing as i dont have a boss who can fire me, or that there is any form of accountability from us ebay scammers, I'm free to scam and lie to all my customers and not do what you just paid me good money to do".

ProTip: Black*Poppy added to do-not-buy-from list. 
go find a reputable seller who knows what a FAIR trade and honourable dealings are

Message 24 of 26
Latest reply

if you dont want old threads dragged up, dont index your webpage to google. the internet is FOREVER, not just the current day

Message 25 of 26
Latest reply

@ghryst wrote:

"It can be a hassle to post every day.  Sometimes I let the parcels accumulate for a couple of days and take them all at once, especially if I have work commitments or I just don't feel like going out that particular day. "

let me translate - "it can be a hassle doing what I've been paid to do, what i freely volunteered to do for a living and seeing as i dont have a boss who can fire me, or that there is any form of accountability from us ebay scammers, I'm free to scam and lie to all my customers and not do what you just paid me good money to do".

ProTip: Black*Poppy added to do-not-buy-from list. 
go find a reputable seller who knows what a FAIR trade and honourable dealings are

I don't know if black poppy is even around any more, but it isn't necessarily a sin for a seller to post every second day instead of every day, it depends on what their stated handling time is. It is up to the seller to get the item to the buyer by the estimated delivery dates so it is in their own interests to post sooner rather than later, but a lot of sellers have a 2-3 business day handling time. Doesn't make them scammers.

I agree with you about old threads, but we are none of us here working for ebay so have no control over which threads are locked or read only and which aren't. I think if most of us had our way, we'd have any threads over 12 months locked.

Not everything on the internet is forever, not unless you have the skills. I have saved plenty of links that don't work after a year.

With old threads, the problem is the information in them might no longer be accurate. Ebay is changing over time and so are the terms and conditions.

Message 26 of 26
Latest reply