Sending via Australia Posts Parcel Collect...

Hi E1,

I have been starting to use Parcel Collect for my purchased items where my items get deliverred to my chosen post office and I can pick them up at my convenience and there is no charge.

What I have found though is that some courier services are not able to have my eBay items sent there.

Has anyone else experienced this? So far Couriers Please is the only one that has said "no go"

Message 1 of 7
Latest reply
6 REPLIES 6

lyndal1838
Honored Contributor

The only courier company that can deliver parcels to a post office is StarTrack as it is owned by Australia Post.

There is a system in place where AP will accept deliveries from other courier companies who are prepared to pay AP for the priviledge.  As far as I know the payment is something like $15 per parcel and no companies are going to pay that.  I cannot believe a buyer would be happy to pay that much on top of the regular delivery costs just to have it delivered to a PO.

Message 2 of 7
Latest reply

Thanks Lyndal, very helpful info, yet again.

Message 3 of 7
Latest reply

Have you been getting notified by the PO when your parcels arrive? So far, the only way I've known mine have arrived is when I go to post something and they tell me they think there's a parcel out the back waiting for me (they know me by name as I go there multiple times a week). They assured me the system had been fixed, but obviously it hasn't!

Message 4 of 7
Latest reply

wow tippy thats a worry hey.

i best be go there and have a looksie.

I havent been notified of any arrivals.

Message 5 of 7
Latest reply

“Your item is now being sent by regular post” Small postpak packaged items sent to a Parcel Collect address can sometimes be classified as letters by Australia Post, i.e. StarTrack, and redirected to the residential address assigned to the MyPost account. Refer to Australia Post's T&C for Parcel Collect “4.1 When we may refuse delivery - Parcel Collect locations: ... (a) is a letter or standard mail article that can be delivered via ordinary post”. If redirected, AusPost (StarTrack) sends an email “Your item is now being sent by regular post” without any identifying references to the item or its sender. An enquiry to AusPost may yield “When they are redirected, they are sent back to the Delivery Centre, and relabelled, and then posted back through the mail network, so it can take quite some time to arrive.” Delivery of the item then becomes uncertain. What type of parcels can fall foul of the “letter” classification is unclear.
Message 6 of 7
Latest reply

Even if this was the case over a year and a half ago, I'm sure the OP has worked it out in that time.

Message 7 of 7
Latest reply