Story about a good seller (yes there's at least one or 2 out there)

With all the doom and gloom stories I thought I'd share this one to show there are some good sellers.

Bought an item in September last year. Motorised outdoor garden product. Having issues with it recently so looked up the seller and after some extensive troubleshooting online they asked for me to accept a return postage label and send back for inspection at their cost, a few days later they contact me and offer me a full refund which I've now received. After almost a year. Well outside the expectations I had (would have been happy with parts or a replacement).

Just thought it would be nice to show that not all sellers are about dragging out the clock until their obligations are over.
Message 1 of 5
Latest reply
4 REPLIES 4

Re: Story about a good seller (yes there's at least one or 2 out there)

lyndal1838
Honored Contributor

You are not alone there.

I have 2 or 3 sellers that I have been returning to for many years because of their excellent service.

Message 2 of 5
Latest reply

I notice the distinct lack of responses to this post.  I guess it confirms people would rather whinge about bad sellers than champion good sellers.  So I'll add my two cents worth ...

I saw a listing for books which would be a brilliant gift for my mother's birthday later this month.  Seller listed as "pick-up only".  I emailed asking if she would consider postage.  I was happy to pay postage costs plus extra for inconvenience, PayPal fees, etc.  She agreed immediately, refused any extra payment and posted following day.

I could have spent an entire day trudging through my local Westfield Shopping Centre without finding such an appropriate gift.

I consider this seller exceptional but, overall, my experiences as an ebay buyer are overwhelmingly positive.

I have had far worse experiences with established online retailers.  Last Christmas I dealt with a company with a stellar reputation spanning decades yet it took nearly a fortnight and numerous emails and phone calls to resolve a problem.  After my experience I Googled the company [and many other equally reputable established companies] and was surprised to see so many negative comments primarily regarding slow delivery and poor customer service.

Obviously there as here people are more inclined to leave negative reviews but I was still very surprised to see how often these companies get it wrong.  On balance I would say most ebay sellers get it right most of the time.

Message 3 of 5
Latest reply

Agreed dutchess it's all complaints and not many good news stories here. Ah well I said what I wanted to say so back to the whinging now I guess.
Message 4 of 5
Latest reply

I agree that it is nice to hear good news I primarily come here to learn what to avoid I would rather hear solutions to problems people are having. E-bay and PayPal are far from perfect and although most transactions are smooth as silk a few are like a bumpy road with a cliff at the end, these are the ones I wish to learn how to avoid.

Message 5 of 5
Latest reply