Submited Return Request, did not put in confirmation of return, but I did return & seller confirmed-

becbbq
Community Member

Submited Return Request, did not put in proof of shipment (because I am a busy person & forgot to do it) , but I did return it & seller confirmed he received it. 

Ebay closed my return case.

I am just getting the message: We didn't receive proof of shipment by 08 Nov, 2019, so we automatically closed your request. If you sent this item back to the seller without using the label we provided, we're available to step in and help.

Ok, how can ebay step in & help? There is no option. What next?

Message 1 of 3
Latest reply
2 REPLIES 2

Submited Return Request, did not put in confirmation of return, but I did return & seller confirmed-

@becbbq,

You really have to follow the eBay process to a T. eBay's return/refund process is completely automated, and if you're involved in a dispute or claim, you must provide what's asked for, within the timeframe.

You could try getting in touch with eBay using Have us call you, and explain the situation, apologising for not having providing the necessary information, and asking if you can send eBay the proof of shipment by email or fax on the spot. As long as you do actually have that proof of shipment, this is worth trying - although there are no guarantees. (Under eBay's MBG, eBay have done what they're required to do, and ditto for the seller.)

eBay's "Have us call you" option is by far the best way to get in touch with eBay. (Emails are useless, for a number of reasons, but primarily because the responses, when they are finally sent, are bot-generated.)

eBay say: We'll call you at the phone number registered to your account, or you can enter a different number.

We’re available from 8am to 10pm AET, 7 days a week.

If you have no luck with this, you could open a PayPal claim under PayPal Buyer Protection.

Message 2 of 3
Latest reply

You could also email the seller and politely ask if they could please refund your payment 🙂

Message 3 of 3
Latest reply