Suspicion of being undermined on Ebay

Hi, Can anyone offer any help/suggestions please?

I have been in contact with Ebay but they can't seem to shed any light on my problem.

I have 100% feedback rating and all positive feedback from buyers and sellers.

However, I have had just had a seller block me but not for any good reason. (doesn't fall under the list of reasons to be blocked on Ebay).

The seller tells me that other Ebayers have worned her bout me but hasn't given many any details to back up her claim.

I have had a look on the Ebay forum of Buyers and Sellers but can't see anything on there relating to me or this person's claim.

Can anyone tell me how this seller may have got info about me from other sellers, please?

Thanks.

Message 1 of 19
Latest reply
18 REPLIES 18

and sometimes your id might be close to another id , and get blocked by accident.  for instance au2014  and au2015  is very common ,with me ,as i have sold to at least  6 of them   with diferent letters at the end .thinling they are repeat buyers but they were diferent.

Message 11 of 19
Latest reply

@au2014_hulze wrote:

Hi, Can anyone offer any help/suggestions please?

I have been in contact with Ebay but they can't seem to shed any light on my problem.

I have 100% feedback rating and all positive feedback from buyers and sellers.

However, I have had just had a seller block me but not for any good reason. (doesn't fall under the list of reasons to be blocked on Ebay).

The seller tells me that other Ebayers have worned her bout me but hasn't given many any details to back up her claim.

I have had a look on the Ebay forum of Buyers and Sellers but can't see anything on there relating to me or this person's claim.

Can anyone tell me how this seller may have got info about me from other sellers, please?

Thanks.

There is no complete list of reasons why a seller blocks a buyer/bidder.  I'd be interested seeing the list you refer to in your post before commenting further on that.

As for where the seller got the warning about you as an eBayer, it may have been facebook.  There are a few facebook pages devoted to naming and shaming eBay buyers and sellers.  If you do a search of these forums you will find threads that give out the facebook page details.  You could also search facebook.

I'd find them for you, but I don't do facebook and am not really interested in facebook, and I am definitely not interested in facebook pages where buyers and sellers can name and shame ebayers.

Message 12 of 19
Latest reply

I caved, and did a search of the selling forum.  Came up with a few results, but this one might help you:

http://community.ebay.com.au/t5/Selling/If-you-can-t-name-amp-shame-how-do-i-warn-sellers-about-this...

Message 13 of 19
Latest reply

I did a few searches and while your ID showed up in a few places,  ( as everyones does )  I could not find anything untoward regards your ID. I wouldnt worry too much about it. Maybe the seller has just been scared off by the three Negs and nuets you left. You may have been juistified in leaving those to warn other buyers about shonky sellers.

Message 14 of 19
Latest reply

today, the first time ever I found myself blocked. I've never bought from this seller before, never had a NPB dispute, never seen them on the forums, they are a chinese mob...........their loss no skin off my nose. An aussie seller got a sale instead.

Message 15 of 19
Latest reply

au2014 Hulze said:

I haven't dealt with this Ebayer before, so they wouldn't have blocked me because I have been a bad customer. I just simply sent an email asking about sizing of an item and received the shock reply that they did not want to do business with me and had blocked me.

----------------

I suspect what has happened is you sent your query and the seller looked at the feedback you have given to others. And there, not far from the top, is a neutral rating and this comment:

Listed 8-10.Told it would fit 10.Untrue-Size 8.Asked for refund.Totally ignored.

Plus you gave a negative for incorrect information.

I'm guessing the seller saw those comments and ratings and did a bit of a panic and decided to block you so you couldn't bid. He wouldn't have wanted to take the risk of trouble from you if you bought his items & they did not fit.

It may not seem fair, but he is within his rights to make that decision.

There are a couple of things I have come to understand a lot better since reading these boards.

The first thing is if a buyer gives a neg or neutral or marks down star ratings to 3 or less, they can affect the seller's ebay account, give them a defect. Sellers hate that, it affects their selling. Some of them would rather not have a sale than sell to someone they see as a risk.

Second, although you are entitled to give feedback as you see fit (& I am definitely not saying your feedback was unfair or anything), that feedback can have repercussions. Sellers can see it. And sometimes if they think you seem to give out too many negs or neutrals, they can just block you. They don't have to give a reason and they don't ever have to have actually had dealings with you.

It sounds as if that is what has happened to you. The seller may even have messaged one of the other sellers you gave neg/neutral ratingsto, to ask about their selling experience. That could be where the warning came from.

Message 16 of 19
Latest reply

Hi Penny,

Thought I would give you (& others) the courtesy of getting back to you seeing you were kind enough to respond to my question regarding my issue.

The seller now advises me that she had mistaken me for someone else. She said she thought I was the same Ebayer who gave her grief one year ago asking questions, buying and then returning the items. She also said that my ID was similar to that persons.

I have now been 'unblocked'.

Stuffed the first part of my weekend up but at least it seemingly has been resolved.

Thanks again....

Message 17 of 19
Latest reply

According to the seller, this issue has turned out to be a case of mistaken identity. That's what I am told, anyway.  

Regarding my feedback history, as you would have noticed, nearly all is very positive and I am respectful of other Ebayers. Without going into the nitty gritty details of the neutral and negative feedback, it was justified. Isn't it encouraged (by Ebay) to give honest feedback so that others can be informed or aware? I guess I'll just have to live with any repercussions of having done so.

I don't think it makes for a good world if we say everything is wonderful when it isn't.

Message 18 of 19
Latest reply

and sometimes your id might be close to another id , and get blocked by accident.  for instance au2014  and au2015  is very common ,with me ,as i have sold to at least  6 of them   with diferent letters at the end .thinling they are repeat buyers but they were diferent.

OMG!!  Joe actually got something right!!

I need a lie down ...................................

Message 19 of 19
Latest reply