The sale of potentially deadly and environmentally irresponsible items.V Series Sling Shot.

V Series Sling Shot on eBay?

Why is eBay promoting/listing and selling potentially deadly and environmentally irresponsible items?

I am an avid eBay user and supportor, but I am very disspaointed that eBay has chosen to promoite on their home page such a potentially dangerous item. Please explain WHY eBay thionk this item is worthy of being listed.

Peter

Message 1 of 18
Latest reply
17 REPLIES 17

Re: The sale of potentially deadly and environmentally irresponsible items.V Series Sling Shot.

catapult-slingshot-girl.gif   go-tazz, I had visions of the slingshot bringing down trees, rare shrubs, protected species, the last Giant Turtle... but not that sort of environmental damage, hmmm?

recycle.gif

Message 11 of 18
Latest reply

Re: The sale of potentially deadly and environmentally irresponsible items.V Series Sling Shot.

eBay has paid ads also - at the bottom of the page

so- not only getting money via illegal activity but getting it via ads- charming

http://www.sale-australia.com/slingshot?t=aus_saletralia_4236331457

Message 12 of 18
Latest reply

P.S. - the sites listings have ebay.com.au ( not overseas) and they are 100% illegal in Australia

below is C&P from Aust. Police website

- except for a bit of wood with an elastic band- (which break 99% of the time and are used as a toy ) they are illegal

https://www.australianpolice.com.au/prohibited-weapons/

Sling shot

a device consisting of an elasticised band secured to the forks of a Y shaped frame other than a home made sling shot for use by a child in the course of play

Message 13 of 18
Latest reply

@hobal56 wrote:

eBay has paid ads also - at the bottom of the page

Most members use an adblocker on their browser so they don't see them.

https://www.google.com/search?q=adblockers&ie=utf-8&oe=utf-8&client=firefox-b

"Start me up I'll never stop......"
Message 14 of 18
Latest reply

agree - many are steel and are being sold on eBay Aust

100pcs/Lot Steel Balls Hunting Slingshot High-carbon Steel Slingshot Balls Best

More than 10 available 1,629 sold

Message 15 of 18
Latest reply

Thanks - I don't use ad blocker - my internet security blocks pop ups etc

- but I mentioned it because I think eBay getting money for the ads as well as for the listings / shops, fvfs,  etc

of an items that's illegal in Australia - is wrong 

🙂 cheers 🙂 

( might look into the ad blocker ) 

Message 16 of 18
Latest reply

@hobal56 wrote:

agree - many are steel and are being sold on eBay Aust

As I said on my first post in this thread they are being advertised by Chinese sellers not Australian sellers, so it would be the buyer who runs the risk of being caught by Australian Customs for an illegal import.

Even if those items are reported through the link on the listings eBay will still probably not take them down because Chinese sellers are Teflon-coated.

Message 17 of 18
Latest reply

@hobal56 wrote:

Thanks - I don't use ad blocker - my internet security blocks pop ups etc

My internet security will block pop-ups as well, but here's a screenshot of how many ads my 2 adblockers have blocked for me on Firefox. I'm using both Adblock Plus (which is built into Firefox but just needs to be activated) and Ublock.

The added bonus is that eBay in particular uses a lot of ads so blocking them will significantly speed it up.

I don't use adblockers on Chrome because they can block some sites I want to use.

Capture.PNG

Message 18 of 18
Latest reply