The seller cancelled this order — just confirm that you received a refund. Reply now.

vlag83
Community Member

Hi there,

I purchased a telescope 15 Jun, 2018 from an overseas seller. I paid using my credit card linked to my paypal.

Later that night I called the selling for some advise and decided to cancel the order. I requested cancellation of order over the phone and the seller promptly cancelled the order without any issues. 

I have not received any refund into my paypal or credit card account till date. Last week I called/messaged the seller requesting updates. The seller responsed saying "I have accept/approve/agree on cancellation email from eBay".

I have not received any email from eBay requesting approval or confirmation of any sorts and only messages I have in the purchase history page for the order are

1.  On "Purchase History" page under "Returns and cancelled orders" section

The seller cancelled this order — just confirm that you received a refund. Reply Now

2. Order details page

Cancellation for this order is pending 

3. Cancel details page

The seller cancelled the order.
Did you pay for this order and receive a refund?
  • I didn't pay for this order
  • I paid for this order and I received a refund

What is the way forward for me now. 

Message 1 of 27
Latest reply
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

The seller cancelled this order — just confirm that you received a refund. Reply now.

Igonre the previous question. The case closed automatically when I checked now. 

Resolution was to 

- Call eBay as per lyndal1838's advise

- Request a manual refund from the seller

View solution in original post

Message 23 of 27
Latest reply
26 REPLIES 26

lyndal1838
Honored Contributor

Just answer that you have not received the refund yet.

Message 2 of 27
Latest reply

Where do I see this option.

When I click "reply now" for message "  The seller cancelled this order — just confirm that you received a refund. Reply Now"

I see below options

The seller cancelled the order.
Did you pay for this order and receive a refund?
  • I didn't pay for this order
  • I paid for this order and I received a refund
Message 3 of 27
Latest reply

If the option is not there to answer in the negative you will have to ring ebay.

Message 4 of 27
Latest reply

Thank you. Will call eBay AU

Message 5 of 27
Latest reply

Use the option to get them to call you back. Apparently you get someone a step up from the bottom feeders. If you get no satisfaction, ask to speak to a supervisor.

Please come back and let us know the outcome. It could help someone else if they encounter the same issue.

Message 6 of 27
Latest reply

Contacted eBay AU and the customer service agent from eBay AU opened a case on my behalf "You haven't received this item yet." and advised to wait for seller to respond (within 4 days). 

Will provide update as I go

Message 7 of 27
Latest reply

Cancelling an item automatically issues a refund, which means the funds would have already been debited from the seller's account. It usually only takes a few days for the funds to be credited to the card used, but maybe it takes a bit longer for an international transaction.

I'm surprised the eBay rep opened a dispute on your behalf as now the same amount will be on hold from the seller's account again, which is a bit unfair as they would have seen the cancellation and refund processing.
Message 8 of 27
Latest reply

Not sure what is happeing but the eBay rep advised that the funds have not been refunded and that one of the reasons could be that the seller does not have funds in his paypal account. 

The seller clearly said that he is waiting for me to "agree" to cancellation for email from eBay-AU which I have not received (before he could proceed further with the refund I guess). I mentioned this to the eBay rep and was advised that he did not see any email from eBay regarding this. He then said he would create a new case.

Below are the messages exchanged between me and seller

Me:

New message to: amptelescopes

Hi there,

The order was cancelled upon my request but I have not received the funds in my paypal account. My order says "The seller cancelled this order — just confirm that you received a refund. Reply now." and "The seller cancelled your order and sent you a refund. We'll send an email confirmation soon"

Could you please advise how long does it take for the process to finalize. 

Thank you very much and apologies for any inconvenience caused.

Seller:

New message from:amptelescopes

Hello,
what is about the cancellation. Can you please agree? See the mail from Ebay.

Greetings

Mit freundlichen Grüßen / regards

I called the seller as you can see the reply does not make much sense. The seller explained that he was waiting for me to "agree" to cancellation for an email sent by eBay.

Message 9 of 27
Latest reply

I just want to make sure the seller does not have any negative impact as a result of this cancellation as the seller was very helpful to me and cancelled the order without asking any questions. 

Message 10 of 27
Latest reply