To buy or not to buy?

So I've got a very formal event coming up in October and I've started looking at dresses. The dress I wore last year was ok, but it wasn't very comfortable and I want something really stunning for this year.

I've found a beautiful dress, it's in Australia which is a plus, it's only $180 (excluding postage), but the seller has 99.6% feedback. I wouldn't mind except the seller has left really horrible feedback for people who left negatives. I'm not saying that I'd leave a negative (thanks for teaching me that lesson, everyone) but I have a niggling feeling that something isn't quite right.

Also, it's strapless, and because I don't wear strapless dresses, I'd have to add sheer gathered sleeves or something. Is it too much trouble?

Its such a shame cause I really like this dress! Part of me says go for it, buy it, and I can return it if it's not right. But then part of me says don't risk it. So, to buy or not to buy, that is the question...

Message 1 of 74
Latest reply
73 REPLIES 73

To buy or not to buy?

As promised...

image.jpgimage.jpg

Sorry the pictures came out so big, I'm on my iPad and can't seem to change the size. I dont really like the look of the dress on the model, but somehow it looks ok once I've got it on!

Message 21 of 74
Latest reply

To buy or not to buy?

i thought it was you

Message 22 of 74
Latest reply

To buy or not to buy?

It looks beautiful and I'm sure you will look stunning in it especially as you're tall.   Hahaha, joe, I thought it was jd also until I got to the bottom & read (the model looks tall also)   Smiley Happy

Message 23 of 74
Latest reply

To buy or not to buy?

@joethenuts wrote:

i thought it was you

I'm not sure if that's meant as a compliment or not Woman Embarassed

Message 24 of 74
Latest reply

To buy or not to buy?

@mbselections00 wrote:

It looks beautiful and I'm sure you will look stunning in it especially as you're tall.   Hahaha, joe, I thought it was jd also until I got to the bottom & read (the model looks tall also)   Smiley Happy

I will try to get a picture of myself wearing it, cause it somehow looks different when a model isn't wearing it 😛

Message 25 of 74
Latest reply

To buy or not to buy?

Thanks to everyone for your advice, even if you can be a little harsh at times 😛 I appreciate it 🙂
Message 26 of 74
Latest reply

To buy or not to buy?

That's gorgeous. In my opinion, that top is probably generally more flattering than strapless & the whole outfit has a definite oomph. Stylish.Smiley Happy

I've been immersed in weddings over the last couple of years (2 daughters in 2013 and now a son getting hitched next April with both sisters as bridesmaids) so I've got used to seeing a lot of formal wear.

Your style is up to the minute. You'll look great, I am sure.Smiley Happy

Message 27 of 74
Latest reply

To buy or not to buy?

@jessicadazzler wrote:
Thanks to everyone for your advice, even if you can be a little harsh at times 😛 I appreciate it 🙂

now that's a bit harsh . . . . . we weren't all harsh . . . . . I know I wasn't, and neither were a few others!

Message 28 of 74
Latest reply

To buy or not to buy?

I didn't mean that everyone was harsh, just a couple of people... 😉
Message 29 of 74
Latest reply

To buy or not to buy?

The general consensus was that if you feel strapless dresses are immodest then why buy one as you will never be comfortable and relaxed in it.

Is this really harsh....or maybe those of us who said this are old enough to be your mother or grandmother and are speaking from years of experience in dealing with teenagers.

One poster was certainly rude but he is a UK seller who should stick to giving advice on the GSP in which he has plenty of expertise and leave ladies dresses to those who do know about the subject.

I am glad you have found what you like....now for the shoes and bag to go with it.

Message 30 of 74
Latest reply