US seller not following through on free shipping for other items purchased

Tonight I purchased 2 slabs of fudge from Texas. After carefully reding the listings for both flavours I wanted and reading at the bottom of the listing "As of January 25, 2012 we will have to charge shipping on the first fudge ordered. All additional orders will ship for FREE" I assumed (rightfully?) that I would not be paying the second lot of postage. I emailed the seller to request an invoice and promptly received back an invoice with a note saying "These will come in two seperate boxes. It is the most economical way to ship fudge to austraila. Thank you! Those were good choices they are both YUMMY!!!!" I understand it is from another country but if the seller does not offer this deal to people outside of America shouldn't it say in the listing?

Here is a link to one of the fudges purchased:

http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/290644745603?ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1497.l2649

I have sent the seller a polite email explaining that I think they need to have in the listing that it is only free combined shipping in their country as it is very misleading. I will not pay for 2 seperate boxes but Im unsure what action to take from here e.g. emailing eBay as it says I can not "resolve a problem" before 10 days. Hopefully the seller sees my point of view and we can come to an agreement.

What are fellow eBayer's opinions? I know it's probably not a lot of money to most people but why pay for something that was stated in a listing would be free. Thanks for reading ๐Ÿ™‚

Message 1 of 18
Latest reply
17 REPLIES 17

Can we assume you are being charged for 2 lots of shipping? You don't actually state that that is the case.

I would be buying in-country, but that's just me. Or making my own.

If the seller states more than 1 purchase is free post, then more than 1 purchase is free post.

Refer them to their T&Cs, and allude to the fact that further action may be taken if they don't abide by their own terms.

Message 2 of 18
Latest reply

JMO but wait for response from seller before you even think of lodging any complaint.

Also,as fudge contains butter,is it going to be even edible by the time it arrives here?

Message 3 of 18
Latest reply

Sorry for not being clear - yes I am being charged for 2 lots of postage. I have tried making it myself but I am an awful cook :^O

I emailed the seller before purchasing & was told that she has many buyers from Australia that receive items within 6-7 working days & they receive the items in excellenet condition so I thought I couldn't go too wrong.

I will wait a few days though to see if the seller replies back. Thank you both for your input.

Message 4 of 18
Latest reply

The postage calculator does only seem to come up with FREE postage to US.. Did you check this before you purchased? ;\ 

Message 5 of 18
Latest reply

In the postage and payments section if you put in two items to Australia it comes up as $33.90. It's a bit of a trap with OS listings, always check the postage calculator.
Message 6 of 18
Latest reply

In the postage and payments section if you put in two items to Australia it comes up as $33.90. It's a bit of a trap with OS listings, always check the postage calculator.

makes it an expensive sweet tooth   ๐Ÿ˜‰

********* *********** *********** ************ ************ *********** ***********
Be Kind To Nurses....
They Stop The Doctors From Killing You.
Message 7 of 18
Latest reply

Sorry but the seller is doing nothing wrong.

As the different flavours are different listings then any shipping discounts do not apply.

Even if you buy two the same flavour the postage is clearly stated to be nearly double the price for one.

They probably didn't think to specify postage discounts for sending to Australia becaus ethey wouldn't expect anyone to want fudge sent half way around the owrld lol.

Fudge is pretty easy to make you know!

See what a trendsetter I am?
Message 8 of 18
Latest reply

That listing has different postage costs for different countries.

Go to the postage tab... change the country and click "get rates" button...

Country AUSTRALIA

Postage and handling: US $16.95

Country UNITED STATES

Postage and handling: US $5.15 Each Additional Item : Free

There's no discount for any international deliveries. 

------

But the seller has made an error in the fine print of the item description

"As much as we hate to, we have had to discontinue free shipping on e-bay due to the rising costs of producing and selling our YummyFudge.  As of  January 25, 2012 we will have  to charge shipping on the first fudge ordered.  All additional orders will ship for FREE.  Thanks for understanding"

That comment only applies to US Domestic transactions.

The seller needs to be told about that and to revise the listing text, since it's misleading.

Message 9 of 18
Latest reply

I will not pay for 2 seperate boxes but Im unsure what action to take from here e.g. emailing eBay as it says I can not "resolve a problem" before 10 days. Hopefully the seller sees my point of view and we can come to an agreement.

There is nothing to resolve, and no need to get eBay involved (they won't do anything anyway). Ask the seller to either revise the postage on the invoice or send you a "Mutual Agreement" to cancel the transaction.

Message 10 of 18
Latest reply