USPS from miami fl to australia

scriptersplayground
Community Member
hi guys i bought an item from a seller on the 8th of November from the u.s.a to Australia. now i was told MAXIMUM delivery time would be the 17th november its now the 18th what should i do? im thinking of opening a paypal dispute and get my money back. should i do this or just wait???
Message 1 of 38
Latest reply
37 REPLIES 37

I am also waiting on one from Miami Fl and it's been 19 days since it left Miami. Tracking shows it finally reached Australia yesterday so 19 days since it was shipped.
I have checked tracking each day. I wouldn't leave bad feedback for my seller because it truly isn't their fault - they can't control the USPS postal system.

All my mail coming from UK, Miami and Chicago has really slowed down since mid October - I am allowing at least a month (longest has been 28 days). If tracking shows my parcel has been shipped and seller is communicating, helpful and no shipping issues in feedback, I wouldn't open a paypal dispute (but that's just my opinion).

I am sure yours will arrive soon ๐Ÿ™‚
Message 21 of 38
Latest reply

I bought something on Wed 9 Nov and it was posted from Pennsylvania via USPS First Class Mail International (non trackable) and it arrived first thing yesterday morning (22nd). I don't know which sorting centre it went through but it was quicker than I was expecting (less than 2 weeks).
Message 22 of 38
Latest reply

yarmak
Community Member
USPS is in a bad way.I have been told by a small press in the States that mail in it's own country can take up to a month these days

From personal experience anywhere from 4 - 8 weeks
I would not be worrying just yet

Dave
Message 23 of 38
Latest reply

I had a very good experience with the UK lately, took 2ish weeks.

These days, Royal Mail seems to be whipping the USPS hands down!
Message 24 of 38
Latest reply

caryns
Community Member

Mail from the USA via USPS is slower than a wet weekend right now. I received a parcel on 30/11 that had been posted in South Carolina on 31/10 ... 30 days to get here! Mail from the UK is taking approx. 10 days so it is definitely the USA end that needs fixing.

Make sure you don't go over your 45 days but don't expect your parcel much under 4 weeks from date of postage. Also give the seller a courtesy email saying you will be lodging the dispute but will cancel as soon as your parcel arrives. It is not the seller's fault the mail system is so slow, so keep that in mind.

Message 25 of 38
Latest reply

Mail from the USA via USPS is slower than a wet weekend right now. I received a parcel on 30/11 that had been posted in South Carolina on 31/10 ... 30 days to get here! Mail from the UK is taking approx. 10 days so it is definitely the USA end that needs fixing.

unfortunately Mr.Obama's Govt has run out of money to fix it, the US postal service is in chaos, no money for overtime, no money for current employees entitlements, certainly no money to hire more/casual staff to clear the backlogs.

newspaper article about it a month or so back.... here

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
~~ ~~ ~~ Those who do right, have nothing to fear.
Message 26 of 38
Latest reply

unfortunately Mr.Obama's Govt has run out of money to fix it, the US postal service is in chaos, no money for overtime, no money for current employees entitlements, certainly no money to hire more/casual staff to clear the backlogs.

newspaper article about it a month or so back.... here

I'd be blaming the Republicans rather than Obama.

Especially as they are the ones with control of Congress.

Call some place paradise, kiss it goodbye - Don Henley
Message 27 of 38
Latest reply

littledog621
Community Member

I've also bought an item from the U.S....using First-class Intl' Mail.
Pay on the 18th Sept,2012, and the seller sent the item on the 20th Sept.

The tracking said this:

20/09/2012 16:09 Accepted from Sender (Stuart,FL)
21/09/2012 07:06 Sorting (Miami,FL)

Till today , 4/10/2012, it is still sorting, and that tells me that "USPS" is a complete rubbish and that "First-class" is nonsense. From the AUPost tracking thing, there are no results found for my tracking number.

I lived in Sydney and that really worries me after looking through this post...
This is the first time I bought things from the US.

Any one would tell me what is the longest length that it takes for a parcel to arrive in Sydney from Stuart?

Message 28 of 38
Latest reply

It is generally considered poor form to drag up old threads, especially when the issues were definitely time specific.

The last time I bought from the US it took 8 days (last November when the problems were occurring). The time before it was 4 days. Postage delays cannot be sheeted home to the seller.

USPS tracking should show when it leaves the US, after it arrives in Australia you're relying on AP's tracking to show it. It won't show on AP until it's in the AP system. Plus there could be delays with Customs.

Communicate with the seller , but don't let it drag past 45 days - the time you have in which to open a Paypal dispute. As it has only been 16 days so far that is well within accepted delivery times, so I wouldn't panic yet.
Message 29 of 38
Latest reply

Post 5

โ€œI do but it says its been stuck in sorting facility since the 13thโ€

I donโ€™t see the rationale behind your initial question.

You purchased an item.

You have a valid tracking number which says the item is at the sorting facility.  Therefore not only has the seller provided you with proof it was sent, but you are currently aware of where it is.

So exactly what is it you expect the seller to do.  Compensate you for the non receipt of an item, which you know is still in transit.

AND

Post 9

โ€œok cheers guys ill wait another two weeks or a month from the date i bought it.. i don't wanna give the seller negative feedback because he has only 2 negatives among 10000+ positives, and this is the first item from the states ive boughtโ€

On what possible basis would you justify leaving this seller negative feedback.  That is, isnโ€™t it the USPS which has caused the delay in delivery and not the seller.  So why punish the seller for something which the USPS has done.

Just another buyer with unrealistic/unrealisable expectations.  For the BBL.

Message 30 of 38
Latest reply