United States Mail ban to Australia

I had a purchase cancelled this week, from California US,  the seller has told me that all US post offices are refusing any mail to Australia and they don’t know why. Does anyone know why this is the  case. Thank you In advance for answers. 

Message 1 of 15
Latest reply
14 REPLIES 14

Your point ????

The topic - United States Mail BAN to Australia.

Message 11 of 15
Latest reply

Talk to the OP in regards to the thread name.  The article you quoted make it clear it is not all parcels,   and eBays item agree's

Message 12 of 15
Latest reply

With the GSP, USPS will only deliver to the USA (Erlanger I think, where Pitney Bowes is). The international shipping is not the responsibility of USPS any more, that's why some US sellers who don't post internationally use it (they basically post to the US).

Ebay international standard delivery is similar in some ways (they use multiple shipping services like PB), and cheaper than PB:

eBay international standard delivery incorporates multiple shipping services to provide the best shipping solutions to you and your buyers. As a result, there may be instances where you are provided a USPS international shipping label and will ship the package directly to your international buyer. In other situations, we will provide you with a USPS domestic service shipping label addressed to eBay’s trusted warehouse partners. These partners will screen packages and then forward them to your international buyers around the world. In both scenarios, you and your buyers can track the entire transaction via eBay.com or trackmyshipment.co.

I guess at the moment they will use a USPS domestic service first...

So in both cases there will be no international USPS service.

Message 13 of 15
Latest reply

It seems what this has mostly to do with - is current circumstances.

Given - prior to Covid - large letters - ie padded bags - for smaller items - were sent to the US - $3.50 - no tracking - no longer available - now only packages - ie parcels.

The lack of Economy Flights - has restricted posted items.

The article seems to suggest - items sent - priority - etc - can no longer guarantee - paid for -  timely delivery.

I still send - small items - at the lowest cost - boxed - $21 - with tracking to the US.

They arrive.

Message 14 of 15
Latest reply

Today I placed an order with iHerb. Usually they have 3 shipping options: 1) Australia Post (which is what I usually choose because it is free over $40), 2) DHL, 3) USPS. Today USPS was missing, so the ban is still in place. DHL though is also still an option, for eBay too I assume, apart from the GSP and the eBay International Standard Delivery option mentioned in the article.

Message 15 of 15
Latest reply