United States Mail ban to Australia

I had a purchase cancelled this week, from California US,  the seller has told me that all US post offices are refusing any mail to Australia and they don’t know why. Does anyone know why this is the  case. Thank you In advance for answers. 

Message 1 of 15
Latest reply
14 REPLIES 14

I had searched for that information, nothing came up however google being google they have a different language and that doesn’t include logic. Thank you. 

Message 3 of 15
Latest reply

Im still getting parcels sent from the USA, I'm expecting 1 next week. Mind you its not something I've ordered through Ebay.

Message 4 of 15
Latest reply

The ban started last week on Friday, so if you bought from the USA before that date postal offices in the USA were still accepting parcels to Australia.

Message 5 of 15
Latest reply

Readng the whole - it seems a bit contradictory :

As of Friday, September 3, 2021, USPS will temporarily suspend some international services to Australia. This suspension is due to COVID-19 transportation cancellations and restrictions. Impacted services include the the following:

• First-Class Package International Service (FCPIS)
  • Commercial ePacket (CeP)
  • International Priority Airmail (IPA) Packets
  • International Surface Air Lift (ISAL) Packets

USPS has also confirmed all packages which have not been processed by the International Service Center (ISC) will be processed as “Return to Sender”.

We will continue to monitor the situation, and for more detailed, up-to-date information, please check the USPS International Services Alerts page.

eBay international standard delivery and GSP are not affected; both services will continue to provide timely delivery to Australia. For more information on these services, please visit our eBay international shipping page.

As always, thank you for selling on eBay.

The eBay Shipping Team

Message 6 of 15
Latest reply

whats contradictory

Message 8 of 15
Latest reply

Try reading.

Firstly suspended - then :

eBay international standard delivery and GSP are not affected; both services will continue to provide timely delivery to Australia. For more information on these services, please visit our eBay international shipping page.

Message 9 of 15
Latest reply

@domino-710 wrote:

Try reading.

Firstly suspended - then :

Try reading ''USPS will temporarily suspend some international services to Australia''

Message 10 of 15
Latest reply