Used an item and is faulty after 9 months

I purchased a sprayer for weeds in Sept and i didnt get to use it untill recently and found its faulty. Falls apart when you use it and flips over and leaks. The seller must have changed their name as i cant find them now. What do I do?

Message 1 of 12
Latest reply
11 REPLIES 11

Re: Used an item and is faulty after 9 months

It's too late now, Lou....over 180 days. Did you leave feedback at the time? You could try their contact details through your PayPal transaction, but I don't know where it will get you 😞
Message 2 of 12
Latest reply

Was it a cheap sprayer?

They tend not work and fall apart easily,the nozzle doesn't spray or sprays just alittle.

Not worth the trouble,you're always better off buying a quality sprayer.

Message 3 of 12
Latest reply

i suppose $80 is cheap

Message 4 of 12
Latest reply

Thanks ...I started reporting it with paypal within the 180 days but I gave up as I kept getting please wait we are collecting your details.....I didnt get around to actually phoning so looks like he who snoozes loses...lol

Message 5 of 12
Latest reply

i know you say you didnt use it until recently but put yourself in the sellers shoes. 

you could be telling a big fib and had been using it every day for 9 months.

thats why there is time limits on guarantees. when you buy a product and store it unused until after the guarantee expires you run the risk of it not working and being stuffed re replacement.

allways best to test things out when new.

Message 6 of 12
Latest reply

Aswell as just reporting / opening a dispute, it's important to escalate to a claim.
Message 7 of 12
Latest reply

No, $80 isn't cheap. I feel your pain.

I was in a similar position some time ago. Bought a brand new Tupperware teapot, put it away for many months then decided to use it. It cracked on second use. Took it back to a party and was told nope, only covered for 30 days from delivery.Woman Sad

Like you, I lost my money.

I guess the moral of our stories is to at least open & test things out as soon as we get them.

Message 8 of 12
Latest reply

$80 isn't a cheap sprayer.

Best to go to a B & M store to buy things like sprayers because you get a 12 month warranty.

Sounds like because you didn't use it for over 9 months all the seals and pressuriser perhaps hardened up so to speak.

Message 9 of 12
Latest reply

Perhaps the teapot is like a wok.

You need to season it before you use it Woman Frustrated

Message 10 of 12
Latest reply