WHY ? DOES EBAY AUSTRALIA ALLOW THOUSANDS OF CHINESE SELLERS TO MISREPRESENT THE ITEM LOCATION

SADLY It Seems..... THOUSANDS OF AUSTRALIAN BUYERS ARE Constantly BEING SCAMMED BY HUNDREDS OF eBay SELLERS ....

I PURCHASED 5 ITEMS OVER THE PAST MONTH FROM VARIOUS SELLERS WHO Had LISTED ON ebay.com.au THAT THEY & THEIR ITEM's LISTED ARE LOCATED IN AUSTRALIA....Only....... For Me to DISCOVER That AFTER 10-15 DAYS Waiting for My Parcels to Arrive.... THAT... THESE SELLERS & these ITEMS I PURCHASED Last Month ARE INFACT LOCATED IN CHINA & NOT LOCATED In Australia As Per their Listing.???????....

SO-FAR To date 4/4/2020 I Am STILL WAITING FOR THE DELIVERY Of My 5 PAID FOR Items...And MOST oF THESE SELLERS DO NOT ANSWER BUYER MESSAGES....... WHY??? IS eBay Australia ALLOWING THIS MISREPRESENTATION TO GO ON.

Message 1 of 18
Latest reply
17 REPLIES 17

WHY ? DOES EBAY AUSTRALIA ALLOW THOUSANDS OF CHINESE SELLERS TO MISREPRESENT THE ITEM LOCATION

eBay don't allow it.

But seeing as eBay is an automated computer system with very few people, many sellers take advantage.

Always check the account registration on the feedback page before buying.

And feedback will usually also have others voicing their dismay at location misrepresentation.

image host
Message 2 of 18
Latest reply

Obviously you do  not find it a problem when you choose to keep on supporting buyers registered in China

They all very clearly state they are registered in china

They all have horrible feedback

Had you bothered to look at feedback before buying, you would have seen  all this

Stop yelling at people here for the chooses YOU make 

STOP supporting these sellers

Message 3 of 18
Latest reply

No!!! not the caps lock what will we do now? - Scared Bruce Lee ...

Message 4 of 18
Latest reply

Caps on/caps off

Message 5 of 18
Latest reply

Why are you starting YET another thread on this topic.  You have founbd your wayt to the forums, have a look at how many threads there are on this subject.  If you check them out you will find our what to do if you are not happy..

No body here cn help you so DTOP shouting at us.  Get a life

Message 6 of 18
Latest reply

My cat's breath smells like cat food.

Message 7 of 18
Latest reply

It is one of the banes of ebay, lots of others complain about it but ebay can't (or won't) do much to stop it.

So it falls on the buyer, unfortunately, to have to look into it. You can't just rely on the ad itself, you'll need to click on the seller name and see where they are registered. If it is overseas and they are saying the item is in Australia, then unless the delivery time is just a few days, they are probably lying.

If an item is listed as in Aust but with a wait period of 3-4 weeks, then the seller is also probably lying. Check them out.

That brings us to part 2 of your comment. You say you have waited 10-15 days for items to arrive. Is that past the expected date of arrival? Immediately open an item not received claim & get your money back. And if the item arrives in a couple of weeks, too bad for the seller. Normally I wouldn't suggest that but I think when a seller lies, then they deserve some consequences.

And give appropriate feedback to warn other buyers.

I suspect a lot of this misrepresentation depends on what items you are buying. I haven't struck it very often but the ETA was a dead giveaway. I think we might be happy to buy from Chinese sellers occasionally but all we want is the truth about item location from the start.

Message 8 of 18
Latest reply

@*tippy*toes* wrote:

My cat's breath smells like cat food.

My doggies breath sometimes smells like rabbit - unfortunately not very often Tippy.

Spoiler
Lazy dogs......................

"Start me up I'll never stop......"
Message 9 of 18
Latest reply

I agree, I hardly use ebay and I thought clicking Australia only button meant I was only seeing Australian sellers with stock in Austalia.

My tracking number tells me that seller still has item and we have gone well past expected delivery date, I log in and click on user to find he is registered in china..... sigh.

Australia only button is a waste of time, I assume you order it, then they order it from china, then give you a tracking number of a pre bought australia post packing item.

Annoying thing is that the same item was $50 cheaper had i bought it from china. Now I have no idea if the seller is in Australia or China, you can probably use a vpn and register as a seller in Australia and live in china.

I will use online big store chains now and pay the inflated prices.

Message 10 of 18
Latest reply