Warranties, blacklist sellers list, App/addon available.

1- Is there a website or blacklist where you can add sellers that don't respond to warranty messages or ignor all warranty issues.

2- Is there an app/addon for say firefox or other that would allow a user to blacklist sellers so you don't accidently buy from them.

3- Another simple method would be for ebay to add a aftersales feedback that would be triggered say when you click on a warranty message to the seller. Since sellers especially the Chinese are so desperate for good feedback. This would allow a buyer to see the true value of a seller well after purchase and over time.

In Australia and other countries our hard earned rights are being erroded thanks to ebay and foreign sellers, yes ebay is protecting them. If such a blacklist, browser addon or feedback existed it may start to protect buyers and hurt both seller and ebays bottom dollar. Hence ebay may start enforcing their own policy as well as local laws. (YES I'M DREAMING!)

Somebodys pockets are well lined for I can't beleive that no government agency has ever done anything about it. A foreign company enabling paracitic foreign sellers to undermine all consumer rights with tricks and deception that everyone knows about except those who should do something about it.

Message 1 of 26
Latest reply
2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Accepted Solutions

Thanks. You just told me everything I need to know.

I consider this topic closed for it's the wrong place.

View solution in original post

Message 8 of 26
Latest reply

@davewil1964 wrote:

You can consider the topic closed, but as you don't own it, that is merely an opinion.

If eBay sold goods and provided warranties, you would be correct. But they don't, so you aren't.

If you can't take the time and minimal effort to do a bit of research prior to purchase, rather than expecting somebody else to do it for you, you can hardly blame anybody else when things go pear shaped.

It's not hard and you certainly don't need a degree to search the internet.

Are you kidding me? No one said ebay is the importer.

Like I said, this is the wrong place.

View solution in original post

Message 11 of 26
Latest reply
25 REPLIES 25

Perhaps just do what most savvy buyers do:-

1. Check feedback to see where the seller is registered.

2  Don't buy from high-volume sellers with less than 99.5% feedback.

"Start me up I'll never stop......"
Message 2 of 26
Latest reply

1- Is irrelevant: You can be registered on the Moon and still be honest.

2- Is irrelevant:. For a 100% feedback seller is on purchase and not after sales service.

Hence the problem of all buyers, savy or otherwise.

Message 3 of 26
Latest reply

No government agency has ever done anything about it because no government agency has jurisdiction over foreign entities.

NO warranty from a foreign seller is enforcable, nor from a seller who is not an authorised agent of the manufacturer. You will always be reliant on their goodwill.

Do your own research, that's what the internet is for.

As always, caveat emptor.

Message 4 of 26
Latest reply

@walldeck10 wrote:

Hence the problem of all buyers, savy or otherwise.

That would explain why most of your neutrals, negs and non-positive feedback is for items from Asian sellers with poor feedback.

As dave says, Caveat Emptor.

Message 5 of 26
Latest reply

No government agency has ever done anything about it because no government agency has jurisdiction over foreign entities.

So Australia has no jurisdiction over a forign company operating on Australian soil which inturn is a conduit for other foreign companies. Doesn't ebay pay Australian Tax.

NO warranty from a foreign seller is enforcable, nor from a seller who is not an authorised agent of the manufacturer.

Warranties are enforcable if the seller imports and ships from Australia as clamed. ACL an importer is classified as the manufacturer.

You will always be reliant on their goodwill.

Ebay enforce their own policy's?

Do your own research, that's what the internet is for.

As always, caveat emptor.

Appreciated but i'm not a Google Doctor.

Message 6 of 26
Latest reply

It's december after all dave................

Message 7 of 26
Latest reply

Thanks. You just told me everything I need to know.

I consider this topic closed for it's the wrong place.

Message 8 of 26
Latest reply

Why would you expect a warranty from a foreign seller, especially an Asian one, when it's not enforceable, and when you know it's highly unlikely they're an authorised seller?

Any website that listed the sort of details you want would be subject to abuse and innocent sellers could be harmed so it's not going to happen. If it did exist it'd be so long it'd take forever to find anything. Some dodgy sellers are known to change their IDs regularly so it'd be impossible to find some sellers on it.

Bottom line: don't give your hard-earned money to a stranger without checking out their bona fides first. If someone approached you in the street and tried to sell you something, would you trust them?

Message 9 of 26
Latest reply

You can consider the topic closed, but as you don't own it, that is merely an opinion.

If eBay sold goods and provided warranties, you would be correct. But they don't, so you aren't.

If you can't take the time and minimal effort to do a bit of research prior to purchase, rather than expecting somebody else to do it for you, you can hardly blame anybody else when things go pear shaped.

It's not hard and you certainly don't need a degree to search the internet.

Message 10 of 26
Latest reply