What can you do when you have had a confirmed purchase by Ebay, then being told its not available?

I bought a bike for a child second hand. Ebay confirmed the purchase, thid morning I recieved an email saying it was now "out of stock".  Clearly a lie as the seller was a private seller.  What can I do about this low act?

Thanks in advance.

Message 1 of 3
Latest reply
2 REPLIES 2

Re: What can you do when you have had a confirmed purchase by Ebay, then being told its not availabl

DId you pay?

If you paid then get a refund and move on there is nothing more you can do if the seller is refusing to send or allow pick up

They either sold it elsewhere as well or did not get enough for it.

Leave feedback to warn others what the seller did and move on.

Message 2 of 3
Latest reply

Re: What can you do when you have had a confirmed purchase by Ebay, then being told its not availabl

I'd say sparklz is right.

It almost certainly is 'out of stock' because they sold it elsewhere. Just today i have seen a couple of ebay listings that i recognised from another sales site.

The trouble of course is if they get a sale from both places at once or very close together. Probably someone rang to inspect the bike, took it and paid cash. There are no fees on the other site either.

The other scenario, maybe they didn't get what they wanted for it. But I suspect it sold elsewhere.

Nothing much you can do-keep looking, here and elsewhere. You'll usually find just as good on offer over the next couple of weeks if you keep an eye out. The other possibility is to ask on a facebook buy swap sell forum, mention location,  type of bike you want, condition, price range.

Message 3 of 3
Latest reply