What is a reasonable time to wait for seller to acknowledge payment receipt and post goods

tjr056
Community Member

Message 1 of 15
Latest reply
2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Accepted Solutions

Re: What is a reasonable time to wait for seller to acknowledge payment receipt and post goods

reminds me of a poster who gets upset when sellers don’t mark an item as sent.

Sellers have enough to worry about without having to pander to the insecurities of buyers who need constant communication about their purchases.

I believe that eBay send out enough emails about transactions without sellers having to double up about payment, posting etc,

View solution in original post

Message 10 of 15
Latest reply

Re: What is a reasonable time to wait for seller to acknowledge payment receipt and post goods

I have been a member of eBay since 2003 and this is the first time I have used community. With patronising responses like yours it will be the last time as well.

View solution in original post

Message 11 of 15
Latest reply
14 REPLIES 14

What is the seller's handling time stated on their listing? 

How did you pay? and how long ago ?

What was the estimated delivery date (inserted by eBay and an 'at best' estimate only

I am not sure if it is too common for a seller to 'acknowledge payment' it is not something they have to do, have you contacted them and asked if they received your payment (there have been issues reported where some people have not gotten notifications of sales and payments so it is *possible* it has happened again

Message 2 of 15
Latest reply

I paid on 14th Oct by PayPal

I always get an acknowledgememt that payment received or item being sent, maybe I am spolit

Sent a message yesterday, no answer

Supposed to be delivered 21st October, so I will wait and see

But I am getting bad vibes about this purchase

Thanks for commentsa

Message 3 of 15
Latest reply

It's a very good idea to keep on eye on things then

I usually get an automated email from PayPal to say I have sent a payment but very rarely anything from the actual seller to say they recieved the payment (and not one of those for a very long time)

What is their feedback like? are there comments/negs from people who did not get their items or where it took a long time to be sent ?

Message 4 of 15
Latest reply

What is a reasonable time to wait for seller to acknowledge payment receipt and post goods

Depends on their handling time but I think most sellers like to send items within 2-3 working days after payment received.

(Apart from the diligent sellers whom like to post same or next day)

image host
Message 5 of 15
Latest reply

Yeah PayPal payment made
Very new member (5) positive feedbacks, but as a buyer
I will watch and wait until say mon/tues
Thanks
Message 6 of 15
Latest reply

In that case, another *possible* reason 

If they are brand new to selling, they may be unaware that PayPal put a 21 day hold on funds from sales (but that they still need to post within their handling time)

Of course in an ideal world, sellers would read up on the basic rules at least before they start selling, but that is not always the case 

Message 7 of 15
Latest reply

How long is a piece of string?

Message 8 of 15
Latest reply

I have never had an actual seller acknowledge payment received. 

Message 9 of 15
Latest reply

reminds me of a poster who gets upset when sellers don’t mark an item as sent.

Sellers have enough to worry about without having to pander to the insecurities of buyers who need constant communication about their purchases.

I believe that eBay send out enough emails about transactions without sellers having to double up about payment, posting etc,

Message 10 of 15
Latest reply