What is a reasonable time to wait for seller to acknowledge payment receipt and post goods

tjr056
Community Member

Message 1 of 15
Latest reply
14 REPLIES 14

Re: What is a reasonable time to wait for seller to acknowledge payment receipt and post goods

I have been a member of eBay since 2003 and this is the first time I have used community. With patronising responses like yours it will be the last time as well.
Message 11 of 15
Latest reply

Re: What is a reasonable time to wait for seller to acknowledge payment receipt and post goods

If you are so upset by the answer why did you mark it as solving the question?

Message 12 of 15
Latest reply

As a member since 2003 surely you have worked out the answer to your question long before now. Or has every previous transaction been perfect? All 180 odd of them. In 16 years. That's 12 a year. 1 a month. Huge.

If you ask questions on the boards, most regular responders have seen it all before. We get a bit overwhelmed by the same question being asked when the answers have been posted repeatedly before.

How's that for patronising.

Message 13 of 15
Latest reply

There's no set time for a seller to post goods, but there is an estimated arrival date, so any seller with an ounce of sense will post a few days before that.

I don't expect sellers to send me messages about payment received.

That's something we as sellers did for buyers back in the old days before paypal, so that buyers would know the bank payment had gone through okay.

But it isn't necessary now.If you pay via paypal, that automatically shows up in your records.

A seller can then just mark an item as sent in the my ebay section.

I guess I am now one of those buyers that k1ooo mentioned because I must admit, I do like to see that marked. That way, I am kept in the loop.

If you're dealing with a new seller, they may not know how to mark it. Don't worry about acknowledgements and such. All you need to concern yourself with is the estimated arrival date range. If that passes, open an unpaid item claim. Newbie seller or not, they should have read up a bit about selling and once you the buyer have paid, you're entitled to receive the goods in or close to the time frame promised in the ad.

Message 14 of 15
Latest reply

Message 15 of 15
Latest reply