What is going on with sending items?

I have couple of items I bought that are marked as posted but no tracking is given; they are substantial size, so they would have tracking IF posted.    Another one has tracking, which was provided week ago, but shows no further scan, no sign of being collected.   All the sellers said "will send within 1 business day of payment", so I thought they will be OK.  I bought these items for my daughter who is in Lismore, trying to fix her flooded house.  There is no heating and she only just manged to get the boards to start lining the walls.  It's absolutely freezing up there, and so I bought some hot water bottles and other items she needs.  Therefore i am not impressed if the sellers are not posting as they promised.  I have not been shopping on ebay much lately, or it was just for some little unimportant items like plant seeds.   I just wonder if  these items are actually in Australia as the sellers claim?   When I send a message they do not respond.  😞 

Message 1 of 16
Latest reply
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

NSW for the first one is a bit generic, and for the second item I have heard people say that items located in Chullora, Darwin and also Silverwater actually came from overseas, but the delivery time frame seems to be quick (at least for me it would only take a few days because I am in NSW too), so one would assume the items are in Australia. Of course even sellers who are indeed registered in Australia could get their items from overseas when they run out of stock. It is difficult to know for sure at this stage.

You can open a case after the last day of the estimated delivery, but of course it takes time, and you wanted your items ASAP for your daughter, and it is not only about getting the money back if they don't arrive by the last day of the estimated delivery.

View solution in original post

Message 8 of 16
Latest reply
15 REPLIES 15

Where are the sellers registered (you can see where they are registered on the feedback page)?

Message 2 of 16
Latest reply

All you can see where they registered, NOT where they actually are, and it seems they can put item location wherever they please.  I noticed one seller has some items with location in Sydney, the same item (different listing) with location in Melbourne, and another in other locations around the country.   Obviously eBay just lets them.   Just like they let people put their ad with really low price, but then have drop down menu with the item you are interested in 10x the price, and totally unrelated cheap item at that low price.   By my shopping experience lately, eBay is becoming quite unworkable.  At least they gave more space to leave feedback. 

Message 3 of 16
Latest reply

Not every purchase may have tracking.  If a seller says postage includes tracking but it doesn't show up on eBay I email the seller for the tracking number.

For the item with tracking but no movement - is it coming from overseas?  There are a couple of possibilities if it is.  Some Chinese sellers get an Aust Post tracking number BEFORE the item has even left China.  Once it is in Oz it will be scanned and tracked. 

I've also has experience with sellers in the UK providing a 'tracking number' (one seller recently) that is in fact a lodgement number at the RM post office....so that number can't be tracked.

If the tracked item hasn't moved at all and it is a local purchase lodge a query with Aust Post quoting the number.  I've had some luck getting a response from AP through FB messenger.

Message 4 of 16
Latest reply

As i said, all the items are listed as located in Australia, but I just wonder.   All AP and former Fastway (whatever they are called now) parcels have tracking .  Is there any other way now that does not have tracking?  I mean do sellers still get protection when they do not have online tracking?  They are items worth $25 and $40 respectively.  The one I actually have tracking was bought 10 days ago, but there is no sign of it leaving the seller, and none are answering my messages.  Looks like I will have to stop being lazy and re-acquaint myself with the local shops again.

Message 5 of 16
Latest reply

I don't know if this has changed, but years ago I bought a couple of items that were drop-shipped, and they didn't have a tracking number, even if they were not small. (I now avoid this, but back then - many years ago - I also thought they would have tracking).

Where the sellers are registered is actually where they are, as Stawka also just said in another thread. It is not the same as item location. Some sellers just have a warehouse here, and sometimes they do have items in stock, but sometimes the items have to be drop-shipped from overseas.

If you wish to share the item numbers, maybe someone here can advise.

Message 6 of 16
Latest reply

This is is one; registered in Australia, item located in NSW

I got 2x2 = 4 hot water bottles, again registered in Australia, item located in NSW

Message 7 of 16
Latest reply

NSW for the first one is a bit generic, and for the second item I have heard people say that items located in Chullora, Darwin and also Silverwater actually came from overseas, but the delivery time frame seems to be quick (at least for me it would only take a few days because I am in NSW too), so one would assume the items are in Australia. Of course even sellers who are indeed registered in Australia could get their items from overseas when they run out of stock. It is difficult to know for sure at this stage.

You can open a case after the last day of the estimated delivery, but of course it takes time, and you wanted your items ASAP for your daughter, and it is not only about getting the money back if they don't arrive by the last day of the estimated delivery.

Message 8 of 16
Latest reply

Yes, I can open case.  But, I do not want refund, I want my daughter to have the items.  I also bought a small heater several weeks ago just as they went up there to fix their rental property she has there.  The heater never materialised, they did not mark it as sent, and did not reply to messages.  i am just waiting for refund.  Fixing the house from here was impossible; you cannot get  tradesmen or materials from here..  So she took 6 weeks off work and is doing it herself.    Anyway, if the items come just as she is leaving, she will just give them to the support center there or her new tenants, which she was going to do anyway.   Somebody will very much appreciate them.   So many people up there are just camping in their gutted houses, while they are waiting for the grants so they can get the materials to fix their houses.    It's all so frustrating. 

Message 9 of 16
Latest reply

I only know eBay from a buyer's view but I do know that not all AP services have tracking.  There's an untracked large letter service (I've forgotten what it is actually called) that I've bought craft items lately which have been sent with that service. 

Re the tracked item that isn't moving....have you checked for movement on 17 Track, Track Your Parcel etc?  If it is an Aust Post recognised tracking number have you contacted AP?

Message 10 of 16
Latest reply