What is going on with sending items?

I have couple of items I bought that are marked as posted but no tracking is given; they are substantial size, so they would have tracking IF posted.    Another one has tracking, which was provided week ago, but shows no further scan, no sign of being collected.   All the sellers said "will send within 1 business day of payment", so I thought they will be OK.  I bought these items for my daughter who is in Lismore, trying to fix her flooded house.  There is no heating and she only just manged to get the boards to start lining the walls.  It's absolutely freezing up there, and so I bought some hot water bottles and other items she needs.  Therefore i am not impressed if the sellers are not posting as they promised.  I have not been shopping on ebay much lately, or it was just for some little unimportant items like plant seeds.   I just wonder if  these items are actually in Australia as the sellers claim?   When I send a message they do not respond.  😞 

Message 1 of 16
Latest reply
15 REPLIES 15

Re: What is going on with sending items?

All these items are  fartoo bulky to go as letter.  Last night I bought another item, and it's again marked as sent  and no tracking is added.  maybe they are coming with couriers and the numbers have to be entered manually.  I do not care, as long as they are on their way from Sydney and not Guangzhou.   If I wanted to wait I would buy from China and the same items directly from there are lot cheaper. 

Message 11 of 16
Latest reply

finev94
Community Member

I am finding sellers tell you they have posted it when they haven't and they don't intend to. They muck you around saying how it has been sent (but hasn't) and how the postage has been held up for a myriad of reasons. You wait and wait until finally try to get a refund only to find that the time to ask for a refund has elapsed. Because you haven't received the item you can't leave feedback.  I've been caught too many times. Now I will only buy from eBay if desperate.

Message 12 of 16
Latest reply

@finev94 wrote:

I've been caught too many times.

Being caught just once should have alerted you to the timeframes involved in opening disputes and leaving feedback, and shown you not to believe sellers that make excuses or try to string you along.........

"Start me up I'll never stop......"
Message 13 of 16
Latest reply

Why would you wait and wait?

You have been given the tools by eBay to use (opening the appropriate dispute)

Use them

Within the time limit 

You admit yourself you have allowed this to happen too many times

Perhaps read the basics of buying and care about who you are buying from by checking feedback

Don't allow dodgy sellers to get away with it and then complain about that choice

YOU as the buyer have all the power to do something

So do it

Message 14 of 16
Latest reply

Why so aggressive?  You did not bother to read properly what I written, and then get all patronizing.  You CANNOT start dispute until AFTER the "due" date .    Which is often totally arbitrary, sometimes weeks, even months away.    And do not worry, I do leave appropriate feedback.  For the heater, which supposed to have been sent within 1 business day from within Australia, i had to wait 2 months before I was able to open case for "item not received"   and get my money back.  But getting money back is NOT the issue, when you are camping in flood affected house with no wall lining. 

Message 15 of 16
Latest reply

sandypebbles was responding to  finev94

Message 16 of 16
Latest reply