What is the point for leaving a neg FB?

I bought a used machine a while ago which was described as PWC but was actually defective, it was not worth it or practical to return the item because it's BIG, so I left a neg FB for that seller. Just checked her feedback profile and discovered that she somehow could (or ask ebay to) remove that neg FB. How and why? What is the point of leaving a neg FB then?

Message 1 of 23
Latest reply
22 REPLIES 22

Re: What is the point for leaving a neg FB?

Oh I didn't check that FB columm "Received as seller" but only looked at the overall score section where it shows zero neg FB with %100.

FB.PNG

How could some1 have 2 neg but they are not shown and still got %100 FB?

spider_xo_2-1624197450682.jpeg

Message 11 of 23
Latest reply

This is not an issue.... I am just curious....

Message 12 of 23
Latest reply

"How could some1 have 2 neg but they are not shown and still got %100 FB?"

Because feedback % is just rated over the previous 12 month period (as shown at the top of the feedback page)

"Start me up I'll never stop......"
Message 13 of 23
Latest reply

I take it your opinion is negs should last on a seller’s % for all time in that case?

What is your opinion then of how buyers can only be given positive feedback, so even the most dishonest of scammers will always be 100% positive?

Message 14 of 23
Latest reply

This has happened to me twice.   In my opinion eBay break their own rules for removing feedback. I left a neutral (which should have really been a negative), for an item that was "not as described" but totally different. (photos clearly showed this)  The second one was for a faulty item, not as described, pictures proved it also.  This time I left a negative. Both times the feedback was removed, despite the fact that I was very careful not to breach any eBay feedback rules, and very carefully worded a true and honest statement, just sticking to the facts.

I agree with you, what is the point of leaving honest feedback, when eBay seems to protect some sellers, regardless of what they do.

Message 15 of 23
Latest reply

@spider_xo wrote:

Oh I didn't check that FB columm "Received as seller" but only looked at the overall score section where it shows zero neg FB with %100.

FB.PNG

How could some1 have 2 neg but they are not shown and still got %100 FB?

--------------------------

As others have said, have a look at the rating total titles for each column.

The first says one month, then 6 months/12 months.

In other words, it will only show the feedback (whether positive, neutral or negative) over the last 12 months.

That doesn't mean the negs (or the earlier positives) have been removed, you can still scroll down and read them.

Think of the feedback like driving demerit points; if you get a neg on ebay it will affect you for 12 months but after that time it falls off the % score.

All it means really is ebay and most buyers are mainly concerned with recent performance.

I guess the only time it might matter is if a person had a string of negs then ceased selling for 12 months and started up again.

BUT in that case, even though the score showed 100%, any buyer who took a glance would see all the last lot of FB left was neg anyway.

So don't worry, if you leave a neg (as long as you don't violate ebay policies in what you say) it will stay there and it will potentially help other customers for 12 months. And that's the main point of leaving neg feedback, isn't it.

Message 16 of 23
Latest reply

By way of a PS

I just had a look at the last neg you left.

It's a bit rugged on the seller, don't you think?

It says the item hasn't arrived. 

But then it says you are just waiting for the end of the estimated arrival time to open a dispute.

If the item isn't even estimated to have necessarily arrived by now, why have you gone into panic mode, let alone given feedback yet?

That neg could be removed (I would guess) on that basis plus you mentioned a dispute.

If you want your negs to last, you'll have to read up on the ebay policies and maybe not be so hasty.

Message 17 of 23
Latest reply

It has already been 60 days and the item still hasn't arrived, if I don't leave fb now then won't be able to do it tomorrow. End of estimated delivery is early Jul, if I receive the item by then I can ask ebay to remove that fb for the seller.

Message 18 of 23
Latest reply

@spider_xo wrote:

It has already been 60 days and the item still hasn't arrived, if I don't leave fb now then won't be able to do it tomorrow. End of estimated delivery is early Jul, if I receive the item by then I can ask ebay to remove that fb for the seller.

so, in the meantime, you damage their selling feedback and reputation when they have done nothing wrong?

Message 19 of 23
Latest reply

Gee.... isn't that what you are supposed to do? Tell what you experienced with the trans - no more, no less...

Message 20 of 23
Latest reply