What to do if the product description is missing information?

Hello

I bought a laptop battery from a seller and after using it for a week - noticed that it died after 2 hours.

I thought it was faulty, so I opened a return with ebay to return the item and get my money back.

However the seller says that's all it's designed to do - hold charge for 2 hours.

Nowhere in the entire product listing does it say that it only lasts for 2 hours - if I had known that, I would never have bought it. T

What can I do in this situation if the product ad is missing important information about the product? Can I ask for a refund/return? If so, who would pay the postage?

Thank you.

Message 1 of 13
Latest reply
12 REPLIES 12

Re: What to do if the product description is missing information?

Of course you have to return the item before you get a refund.

To protect yourself you need to send it with tracking so it can be confirmed that the seller has received it.

Message 11 of 13
Latest reply

@deku-nuts wrote:

Hi All

Update:The seller tried to refund $5 but I instead asked for the full refund price - so they want me to mail the product back first before they refund me the product price + postage fees. The postal address is in victoria.

Is it normal to retun an item and then receive the refund? I feel like they could say 'it got lost in the post...' Am I being paranoid?

Thank you.

Don't send the item back on your dime.

If they have an address in Victoria then they can send you a label.

I would ignore them & ask eBay to step in at the appropriate time

Message 12 of 13
Latest reply

Do as tuckcase says.

If they have a return address in Vic, then go through ebay with your case and the seller should be able to issue you with a return postage label.

Message 13 of 13
Latest reply