What to do?

semlon
Community Member

I paid for and "purchased" an item before 5.30am.     I got a message just under an hour later saying thank you.

More than FIVE hours later, I got a message saying the item is not available and saying they would help me to cancel.

This is unacceptable as it seems the item either did not exist or did but was sold to someone else AFTER I paid. (there has been no contact by the seller since to say what happened or on anything) and since the item is a battery charger and I had already purchased a battery elsewhere, I will not be able to use the battery now (and I would have gone elsewhere).

I am NOT going to request to cancel on principal 

The money should have been refunded immediately to my account as cash so I could use it again.

I want to bring this up with Ebay (for them to examine if the same item WAS sold to someone else AFTER I paid.

This is not huge money but I am more likely going to have to consider it as theft.

I guess there is no way to contact Ebay over this yet?

Message 1 of 43
Latest reply
42 REPLIES 42

What to do?

@4channel wrote:

I'm not so much defending the OP here as I'm more speaking out, defending the right for people to speak out about things that are unfair or upsetting to them. I'm also speaking out against that certain culture that has existed here for some time.

Once again, it's a simple case of something being out of stock - a not uncommon situation when purchasing both online and from a B&M store - fairness doesn't even figure in it. A thing thought to be there is not. Mature adults move on and buy from somewhere else.

And no one has denied the OP their "right" to speak out - they've been able to post freely, their message is still there in its original form - where has their "right" to speak out been infringed upon? If you need an example of what it actually looks like when these rights are denied there is plenty happening across the globe - maybe start by taking a look at Hong Kong.

NEVERMIND ON TROUBLES!!! LET'S DO HOBBY!!!
Message 41 of 43
Latest reply

What to do?

I appreciate you taking the time to reply, danieh - your posts often exhibit a level of creative thinking that lends interest in a way facts are unable to.

Now...back to the ever-important topic...given the OP hasn't returned to give an update, it's probably safe to assume they've received their refund and managed to order a charger from the literally hundreds of other listings they have to choose from.

NEVERMIND ON TROUBLES!!! LET'S DO HOBBY!!!
Message 42 of 43
Latest reply

What to do?

@danieh_6 wrote:
Tazzie takes everything literally and off topic then when gets a reply he doesn't like he results to smug insults to bait people into an arguement then when you throw it back he plays victim and always wants to get the last reply.

Anyway back to topic, seeing as Tazzie took it off topic again.

I think OP made a big deal about in the heat of the moment, You guys should stop attacking the op because the buyer has actually done nothing wrong he never had any bad intentions prior to the transaction.

😀👌

Message 43 of 43
Latest reply