When l Buy something on ebay ....?

Hello,  When l Buy something on ebay , if l place it in Hidden, Does that Stop others from seeing how much l Paid for it  ?

I Believe that on Selling an item on ebay, l can list it as Buyer Private Identity, not Disclosed. Is this fact True ?

Message 1 of 10
Latest reply
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

As I said in my comment (the first comment)

As a buyer (as per your heading and opening line)

Nobody sees your user ID

Go and have a look at random items and then see if you can identify a buyer by the 'ID' shown

You can't 

Your title of the post is 'when I buy something' 

View solution in original post

Message 7 of 10
Latest reply
9 REPLIES 9

When you as a buyer buy something, nobody else can even so much as see your username

They would see something like Buyer: 5***w and the star colour you have

So unless you show someone yourself, nobody else has a clue who bought what for how much

Message 2 of 10
Latest reply

imastawka
Honored Contributor

When selling, you can have buyers identities protected and the item purchased hidden in feedback, or auctions, but it's usually for selling sensitive items

But......

With auctions, some see it as a way of shill bidding by the seller.

I know I do.

Message 3 of 10
Latest reply

@imastawka wrote:

With auctions, some see it as a way of shill bidding by the seller.

I know I do.

You're not the only one Stawks, I hate it when sellers do that - not only does it hide shill bidding, on BINs you can't see what the feedback left relates to.

I avoid those sellers like the plague...................

"Start me up I'll never stop......"
Message 4 of 10
Latest reply

Thank you both of you, l understand fully what you are mentioning.  So in Reality, there is NO WAY to Stop Nosey people from sticking their Noses in on my ebay Transactions ?  ( Not Referring to padi*0409 or @imastawker  )

Message 5 of 10
Latest reply

@gr8t_items_are_here wrote:

So in Reality, there is NO WAY to Stop Nosey people from sticking their Noses in on my ebay Transactions ?

As said nobody can see what you've bought, but if you are a seller then people can see current and completed listings - and also the feedback on those listings, both received and given.

As it should be.

"Start me up I'll never stop......"
Message 6 of 10
Latest reply

As I said in my comment (the first comment)

As a buyer (as per your heading and opening line)

Nobody sees your user ID

Go and have a look at random items and then see if you can identify a buyer by the 'ID' shown

You can't 

Your title of the post is 'when I buy something' 

Message 7 of 10
Latest reply

I could not Agree more padi, ...you are Totally Correct, ...as it should be. l was only concerned about internet problems.  Thank you *pady.

Message 8 of 10
Latest reply

@gr8t_items_are_here wrote:

Thank you both of you, l understand fully what you are mentioning.  So in Reality, there is NO WAY to Stop Nosey people from sticking their Noses in on my ebay Transactions ?  ( Not Referring to padi*0409 or @imastawker  )

If you are buying to re-sell, I would suggest you have a buying account separate to your selling account.

Otherwise Nosey Parkers can see how much you've paid for items you are then on Selling - not a good look.

Message 9 of 10
Latest reply

Thank you to Everybody who contributed here, it is very much Appreciated by this Novice.

I hope that l do have some gr8t items here to Show You, from Time to Time !!!  😀

Message 10 of 10
Latest reply