When you win a bid, there is no obvious way to message the seller - just saying

Hi there,

Just a suggestion that could make buying on ebay more user friendly:

when you win a bid, there is no obvious way to contact a seller, except through question/answer about product.

shouldn't there be an icon saying "discuss winning bid with seller"?

Thanks

Message 1 of 16
Latest reply
15 REPLIES 15

imastawka
Honored Contributor

Click on seller's feedback.  It will take you to their  'my ebay' page

On the right side there is 'contact member'

Message 2 of 16
Latest reply

@gottservant wrote:

Hi there,

when you win a bid, there is no obvious way to contact a seller, except through question/answer about product.

Thanks

To try and answer simply, it's also a matter of privacy & security. If things go horribly "Pear Shaped" the 2 parties concerned would get nowhere. If all messages are kept within the limits of ebay, then there is a record of the conversations between the 2.  Hope that helps a little ? 

Message 3 of 16
Latest reply

what do you need to discuss, just pay for it 

Message 4 of 16
Latest reply

There actually is.

In purchase history to the right of all your won items is a drop down menu with contact seller.

image host
Message 5 of 16
Latest reply

@gottservant wrote:

Hi there,

Thanks

What is there to discuss? You won the item, you pay for it, seller posts it. Why would you want to "discuss" the bid? If you want to contact the seller to let them know you are still bidding on other items and wish to hold off payment until you're finished, use the contact seller option in your purchase history.

Message 6 of 16
Latest reply

If postage costs are fixed in the listing, what is it you want to talk to the seller about?  Bid/Buy, win, pay. Seller posts the item. If the item doesn't arrive in a timely manner or is broken or missing in post.. then buyer needs to contact seller.

Message 7 of 16
Latest reply

If the item's a pick up only , as in your recent purchase, you can get the Seller's contact information / phone number through Advanced Search ( top right of page)  > Find Contact Information ( left of page) .

Enter the details, click Search and the Seller's contact details will be emailed to you.

The seller will also receive your contact details.

Message 8 of 16
Latest reply

That doesn't always work.

I bought an item a couple of weeks ago and it's marked as 'Sent'. I should have received it over a week ago so decided to contact the seller. When I clicked on the contact seller link all I got was a bunch of questions I could ask, including 'didn't receive item'. Click on that and it takes you directly to Ebay to "open a case". There is no way at all that I can find to contact the actual seller.

This is due to one of two things in my opinion:  Ebay is becoming more and more obtuse in the way the page is set out, making it more and more difficult for users to find their way around. OR sellers (or mine at least) don't want to be contactable by buyings. I find that a worrying trend.

Message 9 of 16
Latest reply

If you are trying to contact the seller through the listing just ignore the questions.  At the bottom there should be an option "other".  Click on that and it should allow you to contact the seller without going through ebay.

Message 10 of 16
Latest reply